The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Mike, Dec 3, 2009.

1. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS OBSessed

I'm sure this has been asked before, what tire size looks best with a 3" body lift on a 3/4 ton? 285/75r16s or 315/75r16s? My dad has a 3" body lift laying around, so I am looking to use that than spending thousands of dollars on a suspension lift.

2. Mange16v

Mange16v Newbie

Getting close to the time where I am going to be lifting my 1999 Tahoe... Closer now with the black Friday sales. I have an early build 99 Tahoe so I think the kits that fit the 98 and sites say won't fit the 99' should work correct?

My original plan was to go with Superlift 4-6" in the front and use the 4" Skyjacker leaf springs in the rear because I don't want to stuff a large block in there. After doing research and seeing everyone saying that the Skyjacker leaf's are garbage I want to avoid them... Could anyone tell me what the best leaf spring lift for Ride quality towing and a bit of off-roading? I was also going to attempt to fit a Hellwig Helper spring in there also.

Thanks' in advance

3. bmal

bmal Newbie

Looking to do a small suspension lift on my 1998 k1500. does changing out the upper control arm actually lift the vehicle or would I still have to crank on the torsion bars? im looking for 2-3 inches of lift but want to keep my ride quality.

heres an example of what im talking about https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sja-c2567k
    will probably use a block in the rear instead of the add a leafs.

4. GordonCustoms

GordonCustoms I'm Awesome

When using lift springs instead of blocks do you have to source a wedge to correct the pinion angle? Because the lift blocks are tapered to correct the angle or am I missing something about using lift leaf springs.

5. zwief76

zwief76 Newbie

I had a shop install a 6 inch lift on my 92 k1500, and it has some rake still. Will cranking the torsion bars in the front seriously affect ride quality even with a lift? its a rcx kit.