The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris253

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Who makes a budget lift kit? I want to lift my 97 about 4 inches but at the prices I've been seeing I might as well go 6 but I'm not sure if I want to. Not really into body lifts. Wulf makes a 3" leveling kit with shocks for around 300 I think but I'm not sure if its worth it to lift it 3 inches. Hmm

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who makes a budget lift kit? I want to lift my 97 about 4 inches but at the prices I've been seeing I might as well go 6 but I'm not sure if I want to. Not really into body lifts. Wulf makes a 3" leveling kit with shocks for around 300 I think but I'm not sure if its worth it to lift it 3 inches. Hmm

Whatever you do, don't buy into the "leveling kit" hype for these trucks. You can level the 4WD GMT400s by simply cranking the torsion keys up 2" on the front. Aftermarket keys are a waste of money, the factory ones will crank to the droop stops.

meir

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
stupid question of the day.
i have a 89 k1500. can i remove the front axle and the CV axle shafts, and still driver the truck?

Willy boy 77

Reaction score
New to this site. First post... I am running 285/70/17 I want to know if I can fit 315/70/17. I have cranked in the front and 2 inch block in the back. Thank you!

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
New to this site. First post... I am running 285/70/17 I want to know if I can fit 315/70/17. I have cranked in the front and 2 inch block in the back. Thank you!

I second this. I want to put a small body lift (maybe 3") and new gears into my truck. It just so happens that 315/70/17 and 3.73 gears balance each other and i wont have to mess with the speedo gear. :)
What are the tire size limits of cranking the keys and what are the limits of a mild 3" body lift?

Thanks in advance!

Killjoy

Reaction score
I didnt want to read through 100+ pages to see if my question was asked... but

Can you add gmt800 nbs lift knuckles (if reamed and new hubs of course) and use it in conjunction with a 6" lift to get more out of the front?

Last edited:

Uhlenhopp09

Reaction score
So I have a 2000 regular cab long box 1 ton and looking for 6 inch or so lifts. Rough country says in the description that it doesn't fit regular cab or extended cab models, in a live chat the guy says the frames are different. What's your guy's expertise on lifting these.

Iadn43

Reaction score
After I installed extended upper a arms my truck feels like it’s going over a bump and the tires how in and out. Is this a alignment issue ? Mechanic told me I couldn’t have it aligned because the exile geometry was off. If I put on a diff drop will it fix it so I can have an alignment done and stop the wheel bowing ?

Svein

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be the wrong thread, but I´m trying anyway..

Skyjacker H7081 - Hydro shock absorber

I just got offered a couple of these for the front for a really good price. Does anyone know anything about them?
It´s my daily driver on asphalt and snow, and I just want it to behave steady and relaxed. Would it be any point compared to acdelco stock shocks? And would it be stupid to run with these in the front and stock shocks at the rear? All advises welcomed! :)

Stepside_fever95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not really a lift question but it is a stupid suspension question... on the rear sway bar of a tahoe or suburban, does it mount with the ends pointing upward or downward? Here's a picture showing what I mean. I should have took note of how it came out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk