The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Post here if you have a simple question. This will help keep track of common info and reduce clutter.
Looking for info on the rc 6-inch Lift for the two wheel drive 97 Silverado I bought one want to install it but have questions on how do I get my angles correct on my drive shaft to the motor

Roy Rogers

Reaction score
Do you have to buy a different style cv axel when lifting or something of sorts just installed a 3 inch rough country lift and I bought new cv axels and they keep binding up and making the truck ride tradable

bmal

Reaction score
Ok so I'm looking at doing a small leveling kit trying to make sure geometry stays as close to the same as possible. This is the kit im looking at if anyone has experience with this kit or advice its always appreciated.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/88-99-K150...sh=item2ad0fd0fc2:g:~cYAAOSw3-xdSfwz&LH_BIN=1

Also how much difference do I need to run from the front to the back to make it even?

Its on a 1998 K1500 ext cab.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a glorified crank. Good price but it looks like the Rough Country 2-3” n there is a thread in it somewhere, stating ride like ****. Better off cranking a little. How big of a tire trying to go with?

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
As others have said, lift keys are just marketing gimmicks. You can just crank your stock keys and it will give it plenty of lift. Then you could just buy the rear blocks and new u-bolts. If you have stock bilstein shocks, they should work with the lift blocks, not sure though, someone else will have to chime in on that.

To know how much height you need for the rear, measure the front and rear fenders. If the front is 2 inches higher, get a 2 inch block. If the front is 1 inch higher, 1 inch block, etc. etc.

bmal

Reaction score
That is a glorified crank. Good price but it looks like the Rough Country 2-3” n there is a thread in it somewhere, stating ride like ****. Better off cranking a little. How big of a tire trying to go with?
Im only looking at going with 33s max. just didn't know if the diff drop would do anything for me I just want to make sure im not eating through tires.

Thanks guys!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whenever crank the bars up, should get an alignment, that will chew ur tires up, not the dropped crossmember. That is just for the driveshaft

fuzzie12

Reaction score
air bag lift question the nipple on top of the bag broke off can i just rplace the nipple????

mariodave

Reaction score
Full 6 inch suspension lift or body lift if you have to go cheap, nothing else is going to work very good. Body lifts have many drawbacks also.