The Stupid Lift Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Stock Suspension + Bolt On Kits' started by Mike, Dec 3, 2009.

1. southernblood2

southernblood2 Newbie

Looking for info on the rc 6-inch Lift for the two wheel drive 97 Silverado I bought one want to install it but have questions on how do I get my angles correct on my drive shaft to the motor

2. Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers Newbie

Do you have to buy a different style cv axel when lifting or something of sorts just installed a 3 inch rough country lift and I bought new cv axels and they keep binding up and making the truck ride tradable

3. bmal

bmal Newbie

Ok so I'm looking at doing a small leveling kit trying to make sure geometry stays as close to the same as possible. This is the kit im looking at if anyone has experience with this kit or advice its always appreciated.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/88-99-K150...sh=item2ad0fd0fc2:g:~cYAAOSw3-xdSfwz&LH_BIN=1

Also how much difference do I need to run from the front to the back to make it even?

Its on a 1998 K1500 ext cab.

4. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

That is a glorified crank. Good price but it looks like the Rough Country 2-3” n there is a thread in it somewhere, stating ride like shit. Better off cranking a little. How big of a tire trying to go with?

98chevy2500SS and Hipster like this.
  5. Hipster

Hipster I'm Awesome

Yeah, a few threads around on the 3" kits not being worth much

98chevy2500SS likes this.
  6. 98chevy2500SS

98chevy2500SS OBSessed

As others have said, lift keys are just marketing gimmicks. You can just crank your stock keys and it will give it plenty of lift. Then you could just buy the rear blocks and new u-bolts. If you have stock bilstein shocks, they should work with the lift blocks, not sure though, someone else will have to chime in on that.

To know how much height you need for the rear, measure the front and rear fenders. If the front is 2 inches higher, get a 2 inch block. If the front is 1 inch higher, 1 inch block, etc. etc.

7. bmal

bmal Newbie

Im only looking at going with 33s max. just didn't know if the diff drop would do anything for me I just want to make sure im not eating through tires.

Thanks guys!

8. b454rat

b454rat I'm Awesome

Whenever crank the bars up, should get an alignment, that will chew ur tires up, not the dropped crossmember. That is just for the driveshaft

98chevy2500SS likes this.
  9. fuzzie12

fuzzie12 Newbie

air bag lift question the nipple on top of the bag broke off can i just rplace the nipple????

10. mariodave

mariodave Newbie

Full 6 inch suspension lift or body lift if you have to go cheap, nothing else is going to work very good. Body lifts have many drawbacks also.