The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Great White, that explaination is very well written. I replaced all the dash lights in My son's SS and My SS and they pretty much only work on high. Now I know why, Thank you!

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a quick question I have a climate control without the max/recir but if I put one in that has it, will it work?
attachment.php

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Where can I find this piece besides the junkyard? I looked but all the dashes were torn apart! Anyone know what it's called?

You must be registered for see images attach

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is a knock out panel, or aka switch delete panel; I don't know of anywhere that you could purchase a new piece. A salvage yard is your best bet, but as you found out the dashes tend to get ripped apart pretty quick!

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score

Has anybody done anything to modify the somewhat useless flip out clipboard thing to a more useful storage compartment? I've tried to figure out how it comes apart but it wasn't obvious. I'd like to put in an accessory plug and place to stick my phone.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Has anybody done anything to modify the somewhat useless flip out clipboard thing to a more useful storage compartment? I've tried to figure out how it comes apart but it wasn't obvious. I'd like to put in an accessory plug and place to stick my phone.

Started doing this:

Got right up to the fiberglass stage. Then i scrapped it for a wood insert to match the door inserts and wheel:

Its oak and has since been stained to match the rest.

Tomorrow i start the wood and deer skin inserts for the door panels.

Then, its on to the speaker pods...