The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Started doing this:

You must be registered for see images attach

Got right up to the fiberglass stage. Then i scrapped it for a wood insert to match the door inserts and wheel:

Its oak and has since been stained to match the rest.

Tomorrow i start the wood and deer skin inserts for the door panels.

Then, its on to the speaker pods...

Looks good. How does the plastic part come out? There are no obvious screws or clips.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Looks good. How does the plastic part come out? There are no obvious screws or clips.

Dunno, mine was gone when I bought the truck.

Looks like you would just push in the hinge/tabs at the front and pop it out though...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Deerskin inserts:

S'nice!

:)

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When I was a kid (10,12?) one of my Dad's hunting buddy's wive's made me a jacket outa deerhide. Wore it till it was about 2 sizes too small! Somewhere in the world, some kid is still wearing that jacket! Damn near indestructible!

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Blakestuhh...You've posted that before. No biggie! Like to help, but I just don't know. Maybe some of the electrical wizards could help.

I know just haven't got a response. I don't see a lot like mine just mostly like the one pictured. I'm thinking it would work just not that button, but wanted to know before I spend money on one. Thanks though!

JBz71

Reaction score
Hey, so I'm new to the site but have learned a lot from it, it's very helpful. My question is about my interior I have a 96 gmc z71 it's white with Blue leather interior. I have looked around but I haven't seen blue leather before, only cloth do you guys know of anywhere I can find replacement seat covers or parts because I can't find the leather anywhere let alone blue. Thanks a lot