The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Does the headlight switch knob light up on a 97? I just noticed mine doesn't light up like the a/c control knobs...

Yes it does. I had my truck for several years before I realized it had a small burnt-out bulb in it. I replaced it with a NEO4 LED.

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a question about getting the door panel off my 90 GMC. I got the window crank off and popped the bezel off around the handle and lock. I went around and popped out the tabs but it seems to be on pretty good at the top of the door panel. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I tried to muscle it off, but that wasn't really working so I didn't want to continue. Any thoughts or tips?!

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
from the edge give it an authoritive nudge. have the panel itself close to the door as you can without it touching anything then itl pop out if theres barely any restricitive pressure on it.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought some 60/40. Seats out of an automatic ext cab Silverado will they bolt up to my single cab with an manual trans. I read online that the floor pans are different

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I've got a question about getting the door panel off my 90 GMC. I got the window crank off and popped the bezel off around the handle and lock. I went around and popped out the tabs but it seems to be on pretty good at the top of the door panel. I don't know if I'm missing something or what. I tried to muscle it off, but that wasn't really working so I didn't want to continue. Any thoughts or tips?!

Window down, push in on the top where the window opening/felt is and work it up.

The window felt slips in under the sheet metal of the door and you have to work it up.

Usually helps if you get one corner loose and work it along to disengage the rest. Once you get it started, the rest usually comes loose easily.

The top front corner with the little pop up triangle piece is a bit of a PITA IIRC. 95+ this piece is separate from the panel, but 88-94 it's part of the panel.

Not to be insulting, but you did take the screws out of the armrest panel, right?

Last edited: