The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Hey, so I'm new to the site but have learned a lot from it, it's very helpful. My question is about my interior I have a 96 gmc z71 it's white with Blue leather interior. I have looked around but I haven't seen blue leather before, only cloth do you guys know of anywhere I can find replacement seat covers or parts because I can't find the leather anywhere let alone blue. Thanks a lot

http://www.theseatshop.com/shop/seats-and-seat-covers.html?cat=1398&seat_cover=3

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Bench or buckets?
There was a member here that had a line on some grey leather bucket seat covers. Door panel inserts, too. Aftermarket repro's, but very nice! They were a C/L find, in Texas. (?) They were going for $300.00! Original cost was something like $1300.00!
Those could be dyed, but IMO they're too nice to do that to. Or, if you could find out the manufacturer, they may have blue covers. But then, $1300.00!!!
Or you could get the seat(s) redone by a good upholstery shop. An auto upholstery shop. NOT a furniture upholstery shop. (Those guys don't 'get it', when it comes to auto stuff!) But...for a set of buckets, you're looking at $500.00'+', just for the leather, depending on the quality. It has to be leather for vehicles. Mold & mildew resistance treated, & U.V. protected, too. If it doesn't have those treatments, it won't last, & you're throwing money out the window.
Vinyl = $20-$30.00/yard, approx. (36" X 54")
Leather = $10.00 (+,+,+,!!!) sq.ft. 18 sq.ft. = 1 linear yard, or $180.00 a yard!
But leather will last 3-5X longer. It breathes cause it's a fiber, not a textile, & is much nicer to sit on for extended lengths of time.
Probably a bit more info than what you needed. I got on a roll! Lol!
Hope this helped.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
Damn good find there, B.H!
I'd like to get that new D.S. seat cushion foam, but yikes! $195.00 just for that! Plus shipping, duties, & taxes. Think I'll fix what I have! Lol!

Move closer! :deal:

:lol:

Sent from an obama phone

Trill

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who sold or could make a clear dome light cover so I can change out this nasty white cover. I would appreciate any help

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew of someone who sold or could make a clear dome light cover so I can change out this nasty white cover. I would appreciate any help
LMC is the only one I know of that has the clear ones. If anybody else knows of another vendor, let us know.

JBz71

Reaction score
Bench or buckets?
There was a member here that had a line on some grey leather bucket seat covers. Door panel inserts, too. Aftermarket repro's, but very nice! They were a C/L find, in Texas. (?) They were going for $300.00! Original cost was something like $1300.00!
Those could be dyed, but IMO they're too nice to do that to. Or, if you could find out the manufacturer, they may have blue covers. But then, $1300.00!!!
Or you could get the seat(s) redone by a good upholstery shop. An auto upholstery shop. NOT a furniture upholstery shop. (Those guys don't 'get it', when it comes to auto stuff!) But...for a set of buckets, you're looking at $500.00'+', just for the leather, depending on the quality. It has to be leather for vehicles. Mold & mildew resistance treated, & U.V. protected, too. If it doesn't have those treatments, it won't last, & you're throwing money out the window.
Vinyl = $20-$30.00/yard, approx. (36" X 54")
Leather = $10.00 (+,+,+,!!!) sq.ft. 18 sq.ft. = 1 linear yard, or $180.00 a yard!
But leather will last 3-5X longer. It breathes cause it's a fiber, not a textile, & is much nicer to sit on for extended lengths of time.
Probably a bit more info than what you needed. I got on a roll! Lol!
Hope this helped.

they are buckets,
but your fine man that did help, it explains why the cost is so much higher for leather, that was a good site it had what i was looking for but damn i didnt realize it would be that much, lol idk i might look at some good upholstery shops around here and see what they can do, im not pressed to get it done now bc it isn't torn too hateful, i just wanted some advice for a future, honestly im not not sure if i will go true leather again i might just do vinyl since the truck already has a little over 300xxx miles but hey it runs great and tows every weekend with no issues and has no rust so we will see how it goes. Thanks again

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
Does the headlight switch knob light up on a 97? I just noticed mine doesn't light up like the a/c control knobs...