The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yah because everyone has AAA

Kind of off topic, but if they don't IMO they really should. AAA's fanciest membership is only $110/year. Free towing up to 200 miles per call. Use it once and it'll pay for itself.

mistaake

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but if they don't IMO they really should. AAA's fanciest membership is only $110/year. Free towing up to 200 miles per call. Use it once and it'll pay for itself.

This. I've used all my service calls so a bit nervous about that but the price of one tow from a regular tow company is gonna be more expensive than an entire AAA membership. I'm considering buying another membership to get back to 0 service calls and cancelling my old "used up" one that my aunt gifted me.

AAA and Costco are the two essential memberships everybody should have IMO.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
This. I've used all my service calls so a bit nervous about that but the price of one tow from a regular tow company is gonna be more expensive than an entire AAA membership. I'm considering buying another membership to get back to 0 service calls and cancelling my old "used up" one that my aunt gifted me.

AAA and Costco are the two essential memberships everybody should have IMO.
Yah maybe but I have trailers with winches. But I spose if I was a ways from home it'd be good. Idk what Costco is either.

1BAD454BURB

Reaction score
Because i have all the parts laying around for 1 for 2 they want 150 for 3 out won't run good enough to get there

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk

torq4u

Reaction score
are 2nd gen cranks sbc longer than 1st gen cranks sbc ?

Last edited:

1994chevymanual

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey guys quick question, there is a flap in my air intake sytem (stock) it has a tube going from it the the intake manifold. Can i remove that flap or should i leave it?

Bushwacker

Reaction score
Help!

Moved to own thread-
Re: Power steering Noise?

Last edited:

SLmateo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Having a problem starting on occasion.... engine hesitates from idle to acceleration on occasion... sometimes turns over then stalls.... other times everything is fine... I cleaned up some grounds and replaced iac and tps. I'm not sure but could my amp be causing this? Draining the power to the ignition switch or something?

2x4

Edit: I'm thinking fuel pump probably... going to change the cap and rotor and plugs I guess and see if that does anything first.

Last edited: