The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
how do i put the vortec air intake tube back over the throttle body? if i put the front side in first that has like the clip the bolt will not go in the back. if i aim the bolt in teh hole then there is no way the front clip thing will go back in

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black cover on the firewall. Remove that and there is a round plug
Actually depends... on both my 94's it a brown wire and connector taped to the main wire harness by the blower motor on the passanger side..

sent from what use to be a great country...

burnhedge

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually depends... on both my 94's it a brown wire and connector taped to the main wire harness by the blower motor on the passanger side..

sent from what use to be a great country...
Yep. Mine was right next to the blower inside the cab. Turns out I was right on 0*. Thanks for the help guys.

Pab's

Reaction score
I'm looking into a new exhaust system, 2.5". The high flow cat I found is 3", can I just use reducers and call it a day?

drice72

Reaction score
I'm looking to replace my oil pump. There are two available. One has a 3/4" inlet, the other has a 5/8" inlet for the screen.
How do I determine which one to get? Or do I just get one and then get a new screen to go with it?
I'm told both sizes will fit my truck.

1993 C1500 2dr 2wd Standard cab short bed with a 4.3L V6

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did GM change how the oil filter mounted on the side of the block in 94+? My neighbours 92 350 has a vertical oil filter where my dads 94 350 and my 95 305 are both horizontal, all the trucks are v8

Also the 92 has a huge oil filter compared to mine and my dads, thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Did GM change how the oil filter mounted on the side of the block in 94+? My neighbours 92 350 has a vertical oil filter where my dads 94 350 and my 95 305 are both horizontal, all the trucks are v8

Also the 92 has a huge oil filter compared to mine and my dads, thoughts?

The one is 2wd and the other 2 are 4x4 I assume?

GMC1994K1500SierraSL

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When replacing the oil cooler lines I wasn't paying attention but by process of elimination I figured it out I think, just to be sure though, the top/longest hose goes to the top quick connect by the oil filter and the bottom/shortest one goes to the lower quick connect?