The Stupid Engine Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OntheDownMoe

Reaction score
Having an issue installing my new Delphi Fuel pump. I cannot get it to seat in the tank. I can get it close, but still a 1/8” gap between the top of the pump and where the lock ring needs to go. I don’t want to add anymore pressure because it’s plastic. Any advice on this, what am I missing?

1998 Tahoe 2dr 4WD
Delphi fuel pump #FG0088

OntheDownMoe

Reaction score
Having an issue installing my new Delphi Fuel pump. I cannot get it to seat in the tank. I can get it close, but still a 1/8” gap between the top of the pump and where the lock ring needs to go. I don’t want to add anymore pressure because it’s plastic. Any advice on this, what am I missing?

1998 Tahoe 2dr 4WD
Delphi fuel pump #FG0088
Never mind. I was just being a lil ******.

Reaction score
how do i add a rev limiter to a stock tbi ignition system for somewhat cheap?, probably gonna go to hei sometime when i switch to carb so i dont want to dump a bunch of money right now

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how do i add a rev limiter to a stock tbi ignition system for somewhat cheap?, probably gonna go to hei sometime when i switch to carb so i dont want to dump a bunch of money right now
MSD box maybe? Might be cheaper than buying all the stuff needed to program an EPROM.

2x4 block under the gas pedal :anitoof:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seen one here on a smaller motor video, Like it better than my chrome one.
Here's the one I have, I bought it with a drop bottom, ran it for a while. Then I noticed it bent the coil control wires. I was afraid they might short out and leave me stranded so, I bought a 14" Moroso flat base, now I have good clearance.
You must be registered for see images attach

I got new wires and connectors to replace the bent ones. See how high the connectors stick up? IDK, it may be because of the Edelbrock 3704 intake manifold too.

FullBlowncustoms

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the one I have, I bought it with a drop bottom, ran it for a while. Then I noticed it bent the coil control wires. I was afraid they might short out and leave me stranded so, I bought a 14" Moroso flat base, now I have good clearance.

I got new wires and connectors to replace the bent ones. See how high the connectors stick up? IDK, it may be because of the Edelbrock 3704 intake manifold too.

The coil wires on yours look new? where did you find those? Mine are to short.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coil wires on yours look new? where did you find those? Mine are to short.
Yes they are - the one with the plastic harness (I added), I got at O'reilly (I think) but, I don't have the p/n. Here's the original one.

Here's the other one I have listed in my build sheet. You may be able to find the coil to ICM one there too. Michigan Motor Sports makes a lot of harnesses, including the 1 to 3-wire O2 sensor adapter.

Coil wire HarnessTPI TBI HEI Small CapMich Motor Sports12" With ConnectorsAmazon
$17.99​