The Plow Truck: 99 454 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
660-1732 is a 1/2" NPT 5/8" barb, I found the 3/4" barb version too but neither had the restrictor. I know someone posted the part number for a barbed fitting to delete the QD but I'll be damned if I can find it. I'm about to go buy the unrestricted one and try to weld a washer onto it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@df2x4 was it you that had a GM part number for a restrictor fitting that threaded into the intake that eliminated the QD? My searches are failing me at the moment.

It wasn't, but I found this thread after a little Googling. Maybe this is what you're looking for?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I plugged the heater core out of the loop today so that tomorrow I can drive it to the frame shop to get an estimate and get on the schedule. Went for a rip, burped it, and all seems good. I ordered a hose and fitting to fix it for good. In the meantime I guess I'll have to survive without heat with daily highs near 60.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High of 60s? It went from 40 degrees and raining here straight to the 90s in the last week.

I thought I read somewhere this thing will work to replace that qd fitting, but I haven't ordered one yet, if you want to try it out....
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
High of 60s? It went from 40 degrees and raining here straight to the 90s in the last week.

I thought I read somewhere this thing will work to replace that qd fitting, but I haven't ordered one yet, if you want to try it out....

Dammit! I already overpaid for the old part number. I wonder if that's the new hotness now.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that’s the one with the check valve in it

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I’ll probably buy this for my truck. Old one is out, certainly not putting in that style again.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Was going to take the truck into work today and the battery wasn't having it. Weak. I rolled it down the drive into the street and was forced to drive my Z06 to work. Again. The horror. So better luck tomorrow on getting a frame estimate and getting it scheduled. I found a thing for it today though, took the Z to check it out. Ended up being a blessing in disguise that turd battery. I feel like I'm at a point where things are about to move fast on this truck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Took the truck to shop #2 yesterday. He looked at it, said it'd be a half a day on the rack, but he didn't want to take it on until his schedule cleared up. Well then why TF did you let me come all the way down here? He sent me to a shop just up the road who should be able to get me in and out in a week or 2. Until I got there that is, because their frame guy is on vacation. :mad:

I get that people need to go on vacation and all, but I'm on my 3rd shop and don't even have so much as a damn estimate! Oh yeah, this is why I fix my own shjt. So today I looked at how I could hook up a chain to the rail. First I needed to weld that pesky crack.

You must be registered for see images attach

If you pull out on it, it'll only spread out more.

I went a little too fast up top, but the rest looks pretty good. Since this is right where the chain was going, I needed to leave the wheel off while I was yanking which complicated things. I left a jack under the rail and it followed the truck with every yank. I even tied the part I didn't want to move to the Envoy but I ended up dragging them both with the 1500 in 4lo. I really need a bigass tree to tie it to and give it some lovin. If I get this halfway straight it'll be about a 90% solution until somebody decides they're willing to pull a frame for me. Look here at how the body mount and lift are canted over, this bit is pushed in some as well. I'd tied the Envoy behind here.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took the truck to shop #2 yesterday. He looked at it, said it'd be a half a day on the rack, but he didn't want to take it on until his schedule cleared up. Well then why TF did you let me come all the way down here? He sent me to a shop just up the road who should be able to get me in and out in a week or 2. Until I got there that is, because their frame guy is on vacation. :mad:

I get that people need to go on vacation and all, but I'm on my 3rd shop and don't even have so much as a damn estimate! Oh yeah, this is why I fix my own shjt. So today I looked at how I could hook up a chain to the rail. First I needed to weld that pesky crack.

If you pull out on it, it'll only spread out more.

I went a little too fast up top, but the rest looks pretty good. Since this is right where the chain was going, I needed to leave the wheel off while I was yanking which complicated things. I left a jack under the rail and it followed the truck with every yank. I even tied the part I didn't want to move to the Envoy but I ended up dragging them both with the 1500 in 4lo. I really need a bigass tree to tie it to and give it some lovin. If I get this halfway straight it'll be about a 90% solution until somebody decides they're willing to pull a frame for me. Look here at how the body mount and lift are canted over, this bit is pushed in some as well. I'd tied the Envoy behind here.

Just be careful that for all of the force you put on the part you want to move, an equal force is being applied to the part you are using to hold it back, you could end up pulling both parts by an equal amount. Damn Newton and his 3rd law of physics. :)