Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!!! I've been grinding so hard at work, it felt pretty good to get back in there and make some headway! I kind of started feeling out the roll cage, I'll post some update and pics as they happen......

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
if your shop is insulated try an oil filled electric heater. I turned one on 2 days ago in my 20x16ish shop that is insulated very well. Iv been turning it down figuring out where it wants to be, its already room temp in here and practically too warm. the heater is running at about 60% of 1500 watts. I cant see it making a huge increase on the electricity bill but I am keeping an eye on that. even if there is an increase, since I'm not paying for propane that cost is offset.

I used to use a propane tank top heater and heat the shop only when I needed it but that has some problems.

propane can burn all the oxygen in an enclosed space suffocating everything inside that breaths oxygen.

it might not exhaust carbon monoxide but it does exhaust H2O, water. Propane needs vents not only for fresh oxygen but also to let the water vapor out.

this building is too small for a woodstove and I wouldnt want to dedicate all the space it would need and electricity needs none of that.

Plus then I dont have to worry about my guitars or audio equipment going through those temp swings either. That also means I might play them more often.

its 69°F in here! I do have a fan to circulate the heat and that helps keep things evenly warm.

I think it should be fine to keep this on all the time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
if your shop is insulated try an oil filled electric heater. I turned one on 2 days ago in my 20x16ish shop that is insulated very well. Iv been turning it down figuring out where it wants to be, its already room temp in here and practically too warm. the heater is running at about 60% of 1500 watts. I cant see it making a huge increase on the electricity bill but I am keeping an eye on that. even if there is an increase, since I'm not paying for propane that cost is offset.

I used to use a propane tank top heater and heat the shop only when I needed it but that has some problems.

propane can burn all the oxygen in an enclosed space suffocating everything inside that breaths oxygen.

it might not exhaust carbon monoxide but it does exhaust H2O, water. Propane needs vents not only for fresh oxygen but also to let the water vapor out.

this building is too small for a woodstove and I wouldnt want to dedicate all the space it would need and electricity needs none of that.

Plus then I dont have to worry about my guitars or audio equipment going through those temp swings either. That also means I might play them more often.

its 69°F in here! I do have a fan to circulate the heat and that helps keep things evenly warm.

I think it should be fine to keep this on all the time.

You must be registered for see images attach

The garage side of my outbuilding is roughly the same size as yours, and the porch part is the same size as well. I will be putting a furnace or something like that out there to heat the whole building as we want to use the enclosed porch too. Our dogs use it to stay warm in the winter when they go outside while we are either not home or during the day. I still need to insulate it. And will be doing that soon enough just required to figure some things out first.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You figured out wheel's yet? I know you were struggling with it if I remember correctly. I think I need a heater for my garage so I can work out in it this winter lol.
I've looked a few times since I got told no on the Billet Specialties cause of the disc brakes. I would love beadlocks but I think I'm gonna just use bead screws for the first couple seasons, and that way my wheel choice is larger and more affordable.....