Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you mounting the cage to the body or the frame? If you haven't already, you'll want to check with your tech inspectors before you strike an arc. I haven't put a cage in a body-on-frame chassis, but I was under the impression it needed to at least tie to the frame. Then again, that may just be for fiberglass-body cars.
Nope it's steel body full frame as well according to the NHRA 2021 rules

You must be registered for see images attach

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you mounting the cage to the body or the frame? If you haven't already, you'll want to check with your tech inspectors before you strike an arc. I haven't put a cage in a body-on-frame chassis, but I was under the impression it needed to at least tie to the frame. Then again, that may just be for fiberglass-body cars.
My original plan from the beginning was to tie the roll cage to the frame....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW!!! I am super stoked!!!! I'm getting the afternoon off from work. I know that's not a bit deal to most, but I've had one day off in almost 40 days, so you can have some empathy for my excitement. I'm finally going to get started on that cage and finishing the brakes. I figure i should be able to get some good work hours in. I should have some updates this evening.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I didn't get as much done tonight as I would have liked. I had some help lined up to help me set the cab back on there and they flaked out. Screw that, ill pick up some 2x4 and saw horses tomorrow and use my engine hoist and do it myself. I hate depending on people!!!

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Good on you, I am not going that far into mine I may lift the cab off to replace the cab mounts but besides that nah not yet, maybe when I get to doing bodywork will I strip it to the frame.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got some good work time in today, and I got the cab back on the frame.

And here's a couple pictures of the motor with the new turbos on it....