Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pressure is everywhere, so where you put the bov doesn't matter. As soon as it opens the pressure will drop.
But there is a spike before that bov opens. .. if i have them before the intercoolers then the spike is released before the intercoolers

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But there is a spike before that bov opens. .. if i have them before the intercoolers then the spike is released before the intercoolers

I don't think so. The pressure will be equal through the entire tube before the BOV opens. Not an expert here though.

Also the pressure from the TB side of the IC has to travel backwards through the IC to get to the BOV.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think so. The pressure will be equal through the entire tube before the BOV opens. Not an expert here though.

Also the pressure from the TB side of the IC has to travel backwards through the IC to get to the BOV.
But the pressure is created AT the turbos..... that's what is making boost. The TB slams shut and the turbine is still spinning and making boost....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know, but I do see what you're saying

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I do see what you're saying

Yeah, to really know you would need to get some pressure transducers in different locations.

Everything I have heard/read says to mount the BOV as close to the TB as you can.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To my uneducated brain it seems like the BOV placement shouldn't matter much, but I have zero experience with this stuff so I'm curious to see what others have to say.

Awesome progress though!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does that spike travel? I think pressure is constant throughout the system, I'm not sure it raises pressure in one location before it does in another. I don't have a background in fluid dynamics though...

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the pressure is created AT the turbos..... that's what is making boost. The TB slams shut and the turbine is still spinning and making boost....
Pressure is created at the turbos, but the blockage creating the pressure increase which triggers the bov is the closed throttle body.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems to me that the only way BOV location would make a significant difference is if the intercoolers themselves were a restriction. Which if they were, you wouldn't want to use them anyway, right?

This is above my pay grade for sure, just throwing out thoughts.