Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gas is compressible, liquid is not.
Gotcha, but that property is finite, right? What I'm saying is the gas in question is already compressed, under even more pressure (shut throttle) will it compress more or burst the container first? Does the pressure spike travel through the gas in a linear fashion? Is there more pressure at the turbine end where it's still being created, or at the throttle end where it's blocked?

If this is too much chatter @Wh4t3v3rs I'll let it go.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it essentially follows gas flow in a pipe. As it is compressible the pressure rise is more of a function of BOV activating rate(and volume release change over time) vs pressure( and volume in) of air rise rate.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It's really only a thing if you got from a decent amount of boost to a closed throttle. IIRC Toyota didn't fit bypass valves to their older auto cars, but I know they did for their stick cars. But they do sound cool, and you can hook it to a duck call for a laugh.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Conversations like this are the best. When you have group of people all approaching a problem from a slightly different perspective you can't help but be educated due to the flow of fresh ideas being thrown around. Back in the day I would spend whole nights with a bunch of mates just spitballing ideas around cars and engines, they were great times.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Closer to 44.1 lbs at 4 BAR :biggrin:, the 1st BAR is atmospheric = 0 lbs, the next 3 - 14.7 X 3 = 44.1 at sea level.
Technically, sure, but that's not how I understand it. The point of departure (ambient pressure) is 0, anything added or subtracted is what is measured. Pressure or vacuum....

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we are saying the same thing but different ways..... I've always understood and spoke in a sense that you don't enter boost until 2 bar.