Temperature Sensor/Gauge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
has anyone ever experimenting with "calibrating" the temp gauge? when i was in aviation we would heat oil and use a thermometer to check the oil temp, then stick the sender in the oil and see what the gauge would read. I would think it would be a good idea to calibrate the gauge to the "hot" setting and let the needle fall wherever after that. there is a gm temp sensor chart floating around the internet for a temp to ohms i'll see if i can locate it

tayto

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
most definitely not since the gauge reads a far smaller range
this is from a '92 gmt400 FSM. 1400 ohm (cold aka 100*f) and 55 ohm (hot aka 260*f) falls within reason to the CTS values posted, FWIW....

EDIT: by placing a resistor in place of the temp sensor, one could easily "recalibrate" their temp gauge by moving the needle. i will possibly try this weekend if i can find my stash of resistors

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-110819.png
    Screenshot_20221119-110819.png
    276.8 KB · Views: 13

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They should’ve made the gauge with no numbers and only 1 correct spot where needle should be. :321:
You must be registered for see images attach