Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job!
Thank you!

Mostly for the experience of doing it, I knocked down some of the casting flash inside the lower intake. You can see on cylinders 5,6,7,8 where I started loosing interest in this little side project :Moon:

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How’s the steering box? #access
Lol. This piece of junk cardone reman is finally “broken in” and it drives good. I’m not messing with it :anitoof:

Speaking of junk, for some reason I let uncle Tony’s garage convince me that Bob Rossing engine parts is better and easier than shaker canning them… maybe another coat or two will even it out, but I’m currently displeased with this experience.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had good results with spray cans. Dupli-Color automotive primer w/ ceramic on bare clean steel, followed by one of their high heat ceramic paints.
I’ve always had good look too, been real happy with ACE hardwares house brand of rust oleum satin black in a spray can and also VHT stuff. I dont remember ever using duplicolor. I’ll try it on the next project.

I might mix this stuff with acetone and Japan dryer, then spray it with my cheap hvlp.
70° at less than 50% relative humidity? Like that ever happens in Texas in the summer?
Right? It was 92* with 75% today. Just added to my frustrations

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I looked right at a bottle today at ACE and remember you said that, then I saw something shiny and forgot until just now that I wanted some.
It’s $20.00 for a gallon at Lowe’s. And you dilute with water in spray bottle. Gallon goes a looooong way. Same thing as Ospho, much cheaper though.