Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to not use Amazon unless I have to, have a feeling you might be the same. Sometimes it is hard to do that.
Definitely, the dorman hvac controller I bought was $230 at Napa, $120 at rock auto, plus $15 shipping and something like $103 with free shipping from Amazon. That was hard to say no too. But I’ve definitely been exercising my freedom to choose, nickel and dime stuff I don’t fret, much rather support local or even summit when the option is feasible.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely, the dorman hvac controller I bought was $230 at Napa, $120 at rock auto, plus $15 shipping and something like $103 with free shipping from Amazon. That was hard to say no too. But I’ve definitely been exercising my freedom to choose, nickel and dime stuff I don’t fret, much rather support local or even summit when the option is feasible.
What part number was that?

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m probably still reading the mic wrong, or not adding the number correctly but I still think I’m within “service” specs for the cylinders :33:
None of them are round or straight
You must be registered for see images attach

I’ll inspect the rest of the pistons but #6, looks like something fell in it’s hole. Same cylinder with the scoring and water spots.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed that I was reading the mic wrong :bs:

I may or may not remeasure the cylinders tomorrow… (probably just file fit every ring for each cylinder and run it)

After figuring it out and verifying, I got all the crank journals cleaned and measured.

All are round within spec and not tapered (not that I can measure)
I’m .001 under in all the mains so not sure if I should get .001 bearings or std bearings and leave them a little loose.

I’m .004 under on the rods.

There’s grooving on every journal that I can feel but NOT catch my nail on.