Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
...and I guess I'm some kind of dummy? Not sure why I felt like it's necessary to get the EGR valve out of the way to remove the passenger side valve cover. Clearly it wasn't required when I pulled them on the '95 3500HD 7.4 and it has the same intake and EGR setup. I just looked at these pictures a couple weeks ago and didn't even make the connection. Admit it.. y'all were looking at me sideways on this one. The old '95 as proof:

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, well. At least it was the driver side on the '93 that was really leaking and needed immediate attention. I'll do the passenger side as soon as I'm feeling better.

Richard

It looks like it would be easier without the EGR, and give an opportunity to clean it. I've found, after watching Youtube, that several applications of oven cleaner and a scrub with an old toothbrush will clean an EGR valve up.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and I guess I'm some kind of dummy? Not sure why I felt like it's necessary to get the EGR valve out of the way to remove the passenger side valve cover. Clearly it wasn't required when I pulled them on the '95 3500HD 7.4 and it has the same intake and EGR setup. I just looked at these pictures a couple weeks ago and didn't even make the connection. Admit it.. y'all were looking at me sideways on this one. The old '95 as proof:

Oh, well. At least it was the driver side on the '93 that was really leaking and needed immediate attention. I'll do the passenger side as soon as I'm feeling better.

Richard
We look at you sideways all the time....lolol

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like it would be easier without the EGR, and give an opportunity to clean it. I've found, after watching Youtube, that several applications of oven cleaner and a scrub with an old toothbrush will clean an EGR valve up.
Sure, other than the fact the nuts are completely rusted and so far have avoided all attempts at removal. :(

We look at you sideways all the time....lolol
Hush you :)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Weird. I would not have expected that in TX.
Sat outside for extended periods, probably in a field, lots of mouse turds and pee everywhere. The truck body isn't rusted, the hard lines and such are fine, but a lot of the fasteners are crusty as can be and the frame is all surface rust. I blew a whole pile of mouse turds off the intake with the compressor before I even dared remove a valve cover. Fortunately, wire chewing is minimal, I'll guess since these trucks really pre-date the soy-based insulation debacle other manufacturers screwed people with.

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sat outside for extended periods, probably in a field, lots of mouse turds and pee everywhere. The truck body isn't rusted, the hard lines and such are fine, but a lot of the fasteners are crusty as can be and the frame is all surface rust. I blew a whole pile of mouse turds off the intake with the compressor before I even dared remove a valve cover. Fortunately, wire chewing is minimal, I'll guess since these trucks really pre-date the soy-based insulation debacle other manufacturers screwed people with.

Richard
That would be a barn find up north.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That seems to be about the going rate for a good '95+ example from what I've seen unfortunately. Not sure about '88-'94...
Wow I got lucky on mine when I got it a couple years ago for my 95. I paid 150 for it. I had to drive 120 miles round trip to get it but that only cost 30ish bucks at that time.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
As I wait for the drop kit to arrive (and the time/ambition to install it)... I wonder if anybody has figured out what my ultimate goals are with this truck. ;)

(hint: I used to have a dropped 3500.. although it was very different)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Getting ready to get real.. real disgusted with Fedex ground and how they handled my goodies, that is

"It was no me, it was the guy the warehouse" -- yeah whatever dood, let me get this pic so I have proof it arrived this way in case I need to send anything back. :mad:

I'm sure all the stuff is fine, just annoyed. The flip kit box is the one that actually concerned me that there may be fasteners/small parts missing. We'll see. Probably won't get a chance to dig in until next week though.

Richard