Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Those wiper arms look like the 'good' version to be able to shorten them up to be able to run 22" wipers. Drill out the rivet, chop off some length, drill another hole and re-rivet or bolt them back together.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those wiper arms look like the 'good' version to be able to shorten them up to be able to run 22" wipers. Drill out the rivet, chop off some length, drill another hole and re-rivet or bolt them back together.
They're the "peg" style instead of the "hook" - I've had enough trouble with wiper blades skipping/chattering across gmt400 windshields I'm not sure if I wanna mess with them. I have vague memory of someone saying they modified the spring to solve that issue but I'm not sure.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Single cab duallys look so sick! Are you going to try and buff the paint? Or maybe some Sweet Patina on it?
Not sure buffing it would help much as it's pretty dead and also has come off in a few weird spots, pretty much limited to the hood. There's some cracking in the driver door in the middle that looks like a bad, much older repair, but the paint tone matches perfectly so it's a bit puzzling. Truck does not appear to have ever been repainted.

Not a fan of any kind of "patina" paint jobs other than what nature and time created. When I was younger we'd take rusty old junk and at least attempt to prime it, flat black it, rattle can it, anything to make it look like we cared, even if we were broke.

The running theme for this truck is supposed to be a beater. I'll keep telling myself that for as long as I can. My hope is to make it reliable and comfortable to drive and leave the looks alone for the most part. That horrible rear bumper, for example. :)

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah...........maybe. One thing that concerns me about those "juice" products is they are oil-based and if you wanna remove them you have to use a lot of de-greaser. I feel like if I ever wanted to do paint on it later, I'd potentially run into a major fisheye disaster.

Seller I got the Belltech kit from has been fairly responsive on amazon, asked for pics of the parts and any label on the box that might look like an inspection mark from whoever packed it. I already had that info of course and sent it along, and they responded today saying Belltech is shipping me out another notch. Hopefully the right stuff and it shows up quickly.

I went ahead and ordered some TYC headlights (factory style) as the ones I have are toast. I did a super quick sand/polish on them but it was kind of pointless as the reflectors are flaking badly inside. Also ordered some 94-up park lamps as I like 'em better and they should fit the 93 grille reasonably well IIRC.

Now if I could just figure out why it's suddenly got a high/hunting idle issue. No codes after 30+ miles to the glass shop and back. Could be the TBI base gasket is old and crackled and sucking air, or maybe I roasted the TPS briefly getting it hot trying to free up the EGR nuts with the propane torch. :(

Richard