Talk me into, or out of, it...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Illbedipped

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just go for it. I was into the 80's squarebody trucks for about 20 years until they got crazy priced. I wanted a truck I could daily drive on nicer days. Comfortable enough to take on a road trip (AC, cruise, ect) and yet still old enough to be simple to work on. I focused on 88-93's and it didn't take long to find a super clean, 92 Silverado C2500. The price was about half what I was willing to spend and the truck only needed tires and minor work. It was garage kept mostly and only 105k miles. There are millions of good trucks left like you are looking for so go for it before they see a steep price climb like the older ones.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go for it. I was into the 80's squarebody trucks for about 20 years until they got crazy priced. I wanted a truck I could daily drive on nicer days. Comfortable enough to take on a road trip (AC, cruise, ect) and yet still old enough to be simple to work on. I focused on 88-93's and it didn't take long to find a super clean, 92 Silverado C2500. The price was about half what I was willing to spend and the truck only needed tires and minor work. It was garage kept mostly and only 105k miles. There are millions of good trucks left like you are looking for so go for it before they see a steep price climb like the older ones.
He bought one...

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

He bought one...

Yeah.. that horse is all the way out of the barn, galloped throughout the neighborhood eating everyone's turnips, and the pissed-off neighbors have burnt the barn down. This thing is in my driveway costing me money even as it sleeps. :rofl:

Richard

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah.. that horse is all the way out of the barn, galloped throughout the neighborhood eating everyone's turnips, and the pissed-off neighbors have burnt the barn down. This thing is in my driveway costing me money even as it sleeps. :rofl:

Richard
At least there’s no cart out front!

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Switch suspension has Western Chassis drop springs, and I noticed they have different part numbers, depending on what cab, and engine you pick.

2" springs They have 1" and 3" also. I remember seeing Western Chassis a lot back in the day, but never used any of their stuff.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No real progress as I've been at work, and now sick during my off days, looks like I might be another couple days before I'm back at work, too.. haven't done anything with the truck. However.. my spending finger has been getting really itchy. I've tried to make a few deals here and there on the drop kit, but nobody is willing to budge, and the couple lower prices I've found were determined to be "mistakes" so I just said hell with it and pulled the trigger through amazon and put it on my card that pays me a little reward back. It freaking hurt to spend this but it's gotta be done. Hell this was more than the brand new BFG tires!

You must be registered for see images attach

I was hoping to meet up with a dude today to pick up a nice seat but he 100% flaked. Typical FB sellers these days, man. Nobody serious about doing business anymore.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
...and I guess I'm some kind of dummy? Not sure why I felt like it's necessary to get the EGR valve out of the way to remove the passenger side valve cover. Clearly it wasn't required when I pulled them on the '95 3500HD 7.4 and it has the same intake and EGR setup. I just looked at these pictures a couple weeks ago and didn't even make the connection. Admit it.. y'all were looking at me sideways on this one. The old '95 as proof:

You must be registered for see images attach

Oh, well. At least it was the driver side on the '93 that was really leaking and needed immediate attention. I'll do the passenger side as soon as I'm feeling better.

Richard