Tahoe bucket seats installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I have been working my a$$ off this labor day weekend. Got my 95-98 Tahoe bucket seats installed. Had to move my amp next to my sub. It wouldnt fit under the Tahoe power drivers seat. I went to pull a part today and got a center console out of a 2007 Tahoe. I got it installed when I got back home. I did have to repaint the console first. So the next thing will be a forward console with a floor shifter that will but up to the Tahoe console I just installed.
You must be registered for see images attach

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good! The cloth buckets are the best. I have them in my red truck and I prefer them over the leather buckets in my Suburban. The leather looks nice but the cloth is more comfortable IMO.

I agree. I had bought a front seats with center jump seat to swap into our '06 suburban. It has that console, but we need more seats for our kids.

Anyways, it turned out they were the darker gray instead of the lighter gray. So we swapped them into my brother's GMT 400 RCSB. I've always had leather, but agree that cloth are more comfortable. They are also more durable. Leather cracks no matter how much you try to prevent it.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes it's hard to tell the difference sometimes between the gray and tan interior parts. My other 99 Burb was the tan leather and the current one is gray. Had to swap the left second door out 3 years ago, and swapped the door panel out so they would match. Got the tan sunvisors in it too. They don't match of course but they're coming apart like the other ones did. Gonna have to recover them or get new ones. So many parts to hunt for when I can get into pick a part......

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well I have been working my a$$ off this labor day weekend. Got my 95-98 Tahoe bucket seats installed. Had to move my amp next to my sub. It wouldnt fit under the Tahoe power drivers seat. I went to pull a part today and got a center console out of a 2007 Tahoe. I got it installed when I got back home. I did have to repaint the console first. So the next thing will be a forward console with a floor shifter that will but up to the Tahoe console I just installed.
Looks great, like it left the factory that way! Good to see that the later model console fits that well. Did you have to make brackets for it or did it fit right in?

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks great, like it left the factory that way! Good to see that the later model console fits that well. Did you have to make brackets for it or did it fit right in?
I took the original bracket from the console, and cut off the feet, where the bracket could bolt to the floor. I used the OE 60-40 bolt holes where the drivers side seat bolted to the transmission tunnel. I had to align the rear bolt hole and cut a hole in the new bracket. It was rite next to where the console storage bolts the the base, so I knew I would loose that bolt point for the storage box. The console has 4 bolts inside the storage box that hold the unit in place. I figured the 3 bolts would be plenty to hold the console in place, but because of the pitch difference in my 97 compared to the newer Tahoe, the bolts were to short for the back 2 bolt holes. So I just used the 2 front holes. Its secure, and there is a cover that goes over the bolts anyway. I did have to add a bracket to the front OE drivers seat mounting hole. It was off about 4 inches. I used a piece of 1" x 1/4" flat bar, drill a hole offset, and bend that bracket, to act as a clamp for the front of the new console base plate. I may have been able to pull the seats, and mount the console like it was in the Tahoe, IDK, but I had to cut one leg off as I could not get the last bolt out of the seat in the Tahoe at pull a part.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DO you still have the 60/40?
Yes, my wife confiscated the 60 side with the console. She likes to sit under the garage. So we took some cement pads, and put it on top of those to raise it up. She then put a cushion on the seat, and backrest area. She says its a lot more comfortable than Her lawn chair is. The passengers 40 side, I have stored in my shead. Really the only thing wrong with the OE seats, was the drivers side bottom area where my big fat old ass has been sitting since 2002, or well since I took the truck from my wife in 2009. So if it makes my wife happy, you know what they say, happy wife, happy life.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I made the next section of my console today. I still need to do a little trim work for a better fit. This is where the Chevelle shifter will go, but that going to be a while before its ready. The shifter will be like the one in the last pic.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the same console I think, and having a tough time understanding how you mounted it. Any pics when you get a chance? looks good btw

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeraldinmendez