Tahoe bucket seats installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So there is a seam in the base plate, mounting bracket. This is where I split the bracket to remove the legs that go under the seat. Since the holes for the 60-40 seat was already there, and I didnt want to make new holes, I made those holes work. The angle of the base is to steep to get the back 2 bolts in that hold the console, but 2 bolts VS 4 bolts, is no big deal. The console is secure like it is. The middle pic, is looking inside the console drawer where it bolts to rhe base. I decided to paint the aluminum insert that I did the brush finish on. The sun reflects off of it to much. The paint is wet on everything rite now. More pics to come latter. Oh, and the last pic, is the cover that sits on the bottom of the drawer to cover the bolts.

You must be registered for see images attach

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah ok now I see. I don't have the mounting plate. Might have to hit the local yard and see if they have any. I might go back to the stocker, since both the Tahoe and Yukon ones are virtually mint. I want to find an Escalade one for the Tahoe, since it's 2wd, and do the floor shift conversion. But need to get the dam thing on the road. Thanks NYS. :flipthebird:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah ok now I see. I don't have the mounting plate. Might have to hit the local yard and see if they have any. I might go back to the stocker, since both the Tahoe and Yukon ones are virtually mint. I want to find an Escalade one for the Tahoe, since it's 2wd, and do the floor shift conversion. But need to get the dam thing on the road. Thanks NYS. :flipthebird:
If you decide to get one from the junk yard, you need a spiecal star socket to get the seats out of the Tahoe. Since I was going to cut mine anyway, I didnt care about saving that part of the bracket. There was 1 frickin bolt, that I just couldnt brake loose. I ended up cutting that leg off with a hack saw. Also bring a drill battery, so you can move the power seats back and forth to get at all of the bolts. I got lucky and this guy was pulling off other parts from that Tahoe. He had a battery drill, and a few tools I didnt. He was very helpful. He helped me get the console out. It was a ***** to get out fighting with the wrong sockets, and I never would have done so with out the drill battery, to move the seats.

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got lucky when I got the console as someone already took the seats. I may just say F it and put the stockers in, but I like it, it's bigger, but dont think it has cup holders for the back seats.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got lucky when I got the console as someone already took the seats. I may just say F it and put the stockers in, but I like it, it's bigger, but dont think it has cup holders for the back seats.
Mine has cup holders for the back seat.maybe some do, and maybe some dont, IDK. Only issue with mine, the sub box is in the way. I cant open the rear cup holder all the way, it hits the sub box. When I got my seats at the swap meet, the guy with the seats, had 2 OE, OBS, consoles. I didnt really like those. I was going to just build the whole thing, but after looking, and finding this one at pull a part, I just had to have it. It saved me a lit of work building one, plus it looks like it belongs there.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a picture of it fully open? I was wondering if the console lid hits the passenger armrest (the factory one does a little).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got a picture of it fully open? I was wondering if the console lid hits the passenger armrest (the factory one does a little).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No pic, but yes the lid does hit the passengers armrest. I will post some new pics. Im kind of waiting to install my Chevelle horseshoe shifter, and the shifter is a work in progress.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do those tahoe seats fold forward as far as the old ones did? I dont have the third door so i need them to fold forward as far as possible. Currently my driver is broken & doesnt fold forward or backward any at all. Passenger is working great but if im changing one im changing both