Tahoe bucket seats installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenZ98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Forgive the ignorance but what's the difference in tahoe seats and the factory seats? Those look identical to the seats in my 98. I always figured trucks and tahoes got the same ones.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Forgive the ignorance but what's the difference in tahoe seats and the factory seats? Those look identical to the seats in my 98. I always figured trucks and tahoes got the same ones.
Well, maybe they do, but the Tahoe seats, dont have that net in the back of the seat, and the drivers seat is power. It does not fold forward and does not push forward. IDK if there is any real difference in the seats, from any of the bucket seats, whether they are Tahoe, Suburban, or just truck seats. Although nether of the seats I swapped out, folded and slid forward, and extended cab seats tops, fold forward, and the base slides forward once the back is folded forward. Extended cab seats, have 2 handles on the seats. One on the top back rest, and one on the seat it self. The top leaver lets you fold the top forward, and slide the bottom forward at the same time so that passengers can get into the back seat. You can see the 2 handles in this pic.
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, in the pic above, with the 2 handles, the base is my OE seat bottom. I only swapped out the seat top on the passengers side so that I can still use the top handle to access the rear seat. I had the remove the mechanism for the top handle from my OE seat and install it in the Tahoe seat. In this pic of the drivers side, you can see there is no handle on the top seat back.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did some more work on my shifter cover plates, and made a cover for the column shifter. I used some very thin rubber gasket material and siliconed it in place, on both the slot for the shifter and where the column shifter was. I also screwed down the cover plates. You can see in these pics the shifter in P and drive.

Last edited:

F4U-1A

Deer Horse Flies out now
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in envy. Could only order a cloth bench seat 24yrs ago. And when we hit the town for some libations, and it was my wife's turn to be the designated driver, my knees would be in my face. Seat full forward for her to reach the clutch.

kennythewelder

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I finally finished my console, shifter indicator frame, and marker plate install. Also the SILVERADO insert for the backside of the console. It lights up as a courtesy light, as does the little Chevy bowties The shift indicator lights up with the running lights.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally finished my console, shifter indicator frame, and marker plate install. Also the SILVERADO insert for the backside of the console. It lights up as a courtesy light. The shift indicator lights up with the running lights, as does the little Chevy bowties.

Badass freakin job. One off my all time favorite shifters. Gm should bring it back with the chevelle. Looks great I'm a little jealous. Love the light touches too.