Synthetic Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
5,000 kilometers equals 3,100 miles about

So 25,000 miles would be about 40,000 kilometers

racer36

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run parts master 5w30 full synthetic. Made by valvoline and is much cheaper, but mine leaks enough that i wont put expensive **** in it. Lol also run about 6000 miles on a change along with a quart of lucas stabilizer

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of my friends & co-workers don't change their oil, ever. I'm the guy who gets the "hey, my car broke can you look at it?" call. I have done 2 brake jobs on the same truck in 7 years and it has run the same oil/filter the entire time. Whenever I do brakes on a car I ask if they want the oil changed, when I change oil I write the mileage on filter, 100k later and my filter was still there. Most people just don't care.
My father inlaw is the worst, told him I would change his oil if he let me use his truck. He informed me he didn't think I changed the oil because it didn't feel any different!! That was 8 years ago, still has my filter under it.

A 25k oil change sounds pretty good in comparison.

1998K1500

Chris
Reaction score
Wow. That's truly incredible. I like to have something called pride in my vehicle and I would like to think others would too. That's amazing, I've actually never heard of people never changing oil before...

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense to the guy who posted that, but remind me not to buy his truck!

To each their own of course.

Does your truck have 165 psi on all 8 after 180,000 miles with oil that comes out once a year as clean as it goes in? Do some reading on amsoil products before you call me out. With the mileage I drive, $60 bucks a year is damn good, and it doesn't burn a drop. Truck in question is in my sig, I take pride in my vehicles if you cant tell, and they get nothing less than the best care.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Does your truck have 165 psi on all 8 after 180,000 miles with oil that comes out once a year as clean as it goes in? Do some reading on amsoil products before you call me out.

Good for you, I'm glad you're happy with the results.

I have read about amsoil. Truth is, it's still oil. And, it's your truck, I don't care how often you change your oil, but I still would never even think of letting it go that long.

t93k2500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amsoil signature series is one of the very few Group IV true synthetic oils. That is why extended drain intervals are not an issue. I also get my oil analyzed, and even after yearly oil changes, the oil still comes back with decent useable life. Even on group III dino oils such as mobil 1, extended drain intervals are nothing to be afraid of with a quality filter. The op bought a truck that already has synthetic, depending on his driving, he could save some serious money with a high quality oil. The point of amsoil is the extended drain interval, dumping it every 5000 would be a serious waste.