5W30 or 10W30, synthetic or traditional? Opinions wanted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Of course as soon as I mention it, Valvoline stopped doing the pour spout. I will never forgive this injustice.
I hate the big fat openings myself. Give me a normal milk jug or quart bottle sized opening. The larger ones do not fit in the oil filler neck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Of course as soon as I mention it, Valvoline stopped doing the pour spout. I will never forgive this injustice.

After knocking it out of the park with the bagged gear oil, they had to find some way to stick it back to us.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Cram the bag up wherever, give it an easy squeeze, and it all flows into the diff. No need to worry about bending the bottle so far it leaks out the junction at the filler neck t!tt!e, fitting a hose to a bottle to alleviate that, or squeeze release fart repeat with a regular bottle and only being able to squirt 2/3 or so of that in before needing to switch to the next bottle.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After knocking it out of the park with the bagged gear oil, they had to find some way to stick it back to us.
Last time I bought Mobil 1 (which previously has been delivered in a 20 liter plastic can) it came as a "Bag in Box" plastic bag in cardbord box.

Who comes up with all this garbage? I guess they somehow think we are saving the Dolphins or whatever this way :rolleyes:

Good thing I still had the old plastic can. I´m saving the Dolphins my own way; by not throwing ANYTHING away :D

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cram the bag up wherever, give it an easy squeeze, and it all flows into the diff. No need to worry about bending the bottle so far it leaks out the junction at the filler neck t!tt!e, fitting a hose to a bottle to alleviate that, or squeeze release fart repeat with a regular bottle and only being able to squirt 2/3 or so of that in before needing to switch to the next bottle.

I use the hose method, but I poke a small hole in the bottom of the bottle and use an air hose set at low pressure with a blow gun tip on it to force the oil from the bottle into the diff/transfer case, etc. It empties the whole bottle. Adjust the air hose regulator down to about 5-10 psi max.