Swollen lug nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

509OBS

Reaction score
My neighbor had her 2013 Ford Focus oil changed at the dealer. They informed her that the lug nuts were swollen and they could replace them for $280. She declined and asked me if I ever heard of such a thing. I never did and when I googled it my head exploded. Big problems for cars and trucks with 2 piece lugs that get deformed and can't be removed with the standard 19mm lug wrench. I picked up a 19.5 mm socket and some nuts for 50$ and saved her a few bucks after researching swollen lug nuts. I'm pretty sure Ford uses the same 2pc. lugs for the repair. Thats just crazy!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've seen some lugnuts that were sort of wrapped in what looked like stainless steel. I think that's what my 82 Dodge Charger had.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't know about that. My grandson does have a 2013 Ford Focus aslo and I did have to use two size sockets to pull his front wheels to help him do pads and rotors. I just figured he had used the wrong sockets on some of them and deformed them. Thanks for the info!