Looking for extended lug studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

9812VDuslly

Reaction score
Don't know brand name. Bought them used.

Aluminum wheel thickness at mounting surface is .88 and steel is .49 is. So over an inch thick of wheels.

They kind a look like a cross between G17 Evo and 9 Libertys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_180843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_180843_Samsung Internet.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240310_180849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_180849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 0

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
What are you using for lug nuts?
^^^ this ^^^

Are the stud holes in the aluminum wheels roughly 14mm like your wheel studs - or are they significantly larger? If they're larger, they almost surely require a shank style lug nut. This solves your wheel stud issue because a good portion of the lug nut threads go through the wheel instead of simply sit on top of it.

Here's the type of lug I mean - the shank length is .80" so that correlates to your .89" for the outer wheel; you don't want it to be the full .89" or it may bottom out on the inner. The steel inner should have holes close to 14mm and be hub-centric.

You must be registered for see images attach

Those inners look weird, too. Do you know what they're from, or did they come with the 19.5's? The thickness of the mounting surface of those seems thick, but I don't have a measurement handy on the stock 4-holers from my '93 to compare.

Richard

Last edited:

9812VDuslly

Reaction score
^^^ this ^^^

Are the stud holes in the aluminum wheels roughly 14mm like your wheel studs - or are they significantly larger? If they're larger, they almost surely require a shank style lug nut. This solves your wheel stud issue because a good portion of the lug nut threads go through the wheel instead of simply sit on top of it.

Here's the type of lug I mean - the shank length is .80" so that correlates to your .89" for the outer wheel; you don't want it to be the full .89" or it may bottom out on the inner. The steel inner should have holes close to 14mm and be hub-centric.

Those inners look weird, too. Do you know what they're from, or did they come with the 19.5's? The thickness of the mounting surface of those seems thick, but I don't have a measurement handy on the stock 4-holers from my '93 to compare.

Richard
Man, that's a great idea! I hadn't thought of the shanked lug nuts even tho all my Toyotas run them

I'll measure the stud holes in the wheels when I get home and report back.

I have no idea unfortunately what any of the wheels came off of. Guy I bought them from said they came with a truck he bought to flip. It was an NBS if I remember correctly.

9812VDuslly

Reaction score
What are you using for lug nuts?

Also, I wonder if someone used SRW studs on the DRW truck, if that's even possible?
Ya mighta been. Bought the truck off a farmer in Nebraska.
He had had enough with the 6.5 and looked like he took a hammer to the oil pan at one point lol

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he stuck the wrong studs in the rear. I'll pull the wheel again and measure the threaded length.

I bought a Dorman replacement stud from Vato-Zone #610-333.1 so I could call bolt manufacturers with the dimensions and get an estimate on a potential batch of studs. The Dorman website has the threaded length listed at 75.438mm which is 2.9 inches or so. The stud I bought only has a threaded length of 55.5mm
So....

9812VDuslly

Reaction score

So listed underhead length is correct. Threaded length isnt....
Typical Doorman quality

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
If the holes in the wheel are significantly larger than 14mm, the shank lugs aren't just a good idea, they're required. I'm sure you knew that already but I'm belaboring the point just in case. ;)

Richard