Sunvisors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for this pair of tan sunvisors : http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUNVISORS-Chevrolet-Suburban-1996-97-98-99-Tan-Pair-New-/231053284209

The seller (specialtypartsdirect) sent this message :
"Hello,
No they are not available at this time. You can either Pre-Pay them and possibly receive them in a few months (or longer) or provide me your info and I can contact you when they arrive.
I'm the only Supplier of these visors and the manufacturer is having an issue in making more at this time."

Do you know where this kind of sunvisors or same product can be ordered .

Any help is welcome.

Best.

Last edited:

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
poncho he's from france dont think they have a large selection of gm trucks over there in junkyards

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
$165.00??? Hahahahahahaha!
$10.00/pair including the clips @ any wrecker around here.
Shipping be kinda steep though. Somewhere around...oh...how about $155.00/pair?
How many do you want?

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
sewlow, can you recover visors and still retain the mirror/vanity lights as he's asking? Last guys I had recover visors ditched the mirrors, said they couldn't keep them due to them being plastic-welded on. I think they were just being lazy. :gr_grin:

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It can be done. Takes some patience. The plastic pins that hold the mirrors in, are the same idea as the door panel clips.
Use a razor blade through the stitching that runs around the edge. Once that material can be lifted up, you should be able to get at the pins and work them gently out.
The visor innards are just made outa cardboard. Even that can be replaced if needed. Just remember to slightly score the inside of the new cardboard so that where it folds in a straight line around the bar that's in there.
Wrap & glue the new material around the cardboard, making sure that the wrinkles where it'll wrap around to the inside of the cardboard are cut down flush.
Mark the pin locations for the mirrors. Make sure that the wires for the mirror are accessible underneath where the mirror will go.
Spread a fair amount of contact cement on the inside of the card board in about an 1.5" width around the edge, but not right up to it. Don't want it to squeeze out onto the new material.
Glue the cardboard to the inner bar between the 2 score lines.
Fold over the cardboard & match up the edges, then push the parts together.
Now you have a choice. Leave them as is, or get an upholstery shop or someone with a sewing machine capable to run a stitch around the edge as original.
The Escalade visors have those little slide out panels. Follow the above, but using the original as a pattern to make the adjustments that those require. Same basic technique, though.
Probably be easier to understand with some pics (or a vid). I should pick up a pair just for that. I'll see if I can pick up a set at the wreckers in the next few days.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is relevant to my interests. My Suburban has the Escalade style visors and the mirror lid on the passenger side broke a hinge a couple days ago. I found a replacement mirror assembly on eBay but I have no idea how to change them out. Until then, painter's tape over the pressure switch for the lights!