Making new sun visors with mirror and light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you worked with any of the double-visors? I've got a set that I'm about to put in my Dually, and I'd love to have the ragged and stained cloth replaced. Surprisingly, my boards seem to be in good shape.

You must be registered for see images attach
What vehicle did those come out of

modernbeat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, the Envoy visors are too short to fit properly. But looking around, Astro van visors are a pretty good match for the OBS visors.

I've picked up a set of grey Surburban visors with good mirror doors.
The cloth is pulling away from the cards, and the cards are a little saggy and puffy.
Can you refurbish these in a grey vinyl? I'd rather a vinyl I can wipe down than the fuzzy cloth that is easy to stain.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, the Envoy visors are too short to fit properly. But looking around, Astro van visors are a pretty good match for the OBS visors.

I've picked up a set of grey Surburban visors with good mirror doors.
The cloth is pulling away from the cards, and the cards are a little saggy and puffy.
Can you refurbish these in a grey vinyl? I'd rather a vinyl I can wipe down than the fuzzy cloth that is easy to stain.
I could, i saw i your other post that you found some decent one with the doors still intact, send me a pm and we can work out details

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No complete sets yet, but todays junkyard trip yielded 3 visors

maroon Driver
Tan passenger
Grey driver.

no color matched set yet, but if you wanted a custom color i could make one

Of course now that i go looking at all the 99-05 blazers i found a total of 3 between 2 yards, its like they all just disappeared, last 3 yards i went to had multiple rows of blazers/jimmys

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No complete sets yet, but todays junkyard trip yielded 3 visors

maroon Driver
Tan passenger
Grey driver.

no color matched set yet, but if you wanted a custom color i could make one

Of course now that i go looking at all the 99-05 blazers i found a total of 3 between 2 yards, its like they all just disappeared, last 3 yards i went to had multiple rows of blazers/jimmys

I might have a passenger side Tahoe visor in tan for you. The visor is weirdly warped / bowed, as if the interior board is warped, but the lights work and the mirror lid is intact. Let me know if you might want it.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have a passenger side Tahoe visor in tan for you. The visor is weirdly warped / bowed, as if the interior board is warped, but the lights work and the mirror lid is intact. Let me know if you might want it.
As long as the mirror door not broken id be interested

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Do you happen to know what years the lighted visors had 2 wire plug and what years had the 1 wire plug? I have found them both ways!
Like you, I haven't found a truck/SUV that had a good pair. One side is always broken. My Burb has a gray interior, but the visors in it are actually tan(they're out of my first '99 Burb that had tan interior; pewter truck could be either way). The crew cab has tan interior, and all 4 visors are showing their age. I have a couple from the last yard trip, I may be playing with them tomorrow since it's supposed to be warmer.....