started polishing my wheels...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no harder then before IMO. I got brake dust all over them and it just washes off when I wash the truck. I always just soap and water them like the rest of the truck. That and they don't seem to get spotty anymore after I spray on tire black.

Mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to see if they can really take a shine.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They should once sanded smooth and polished guy on 67-72chevytrucks showed me pics of his neighbors burb or tahoe and they were polished looked good.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
grey paint? if you get it on there and it is paint it will take it off for sure. Might masking tape the paint off first.

coastsidekid

Reaction score
Try finding a local polishing shop. I found one out by where i live and they hooked me up with some badass polishing wheels, one for cutting and the other for fine finish, as well as the compounds to use. I made a long arbor to get into the wheels without the tool hitting the wheel. You can use a air die-grinder, electric drill that spins pretty good and strong, or die grider. Die grinder works really good, but can be super dangerous when you catch the wheel on bad angles.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Any updates or new pics?

What method did you use to apply the citri strip? Did you do it with the tire still on the rim?

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yep just brushed it on with a paint brush, it's thick and stays in place, but I didn't glob it on the outside edge, just kinda dry brushed it.