Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Parker, the ones that are sold at LMC are good quality. Bought a 4-HI and HD harness kit from LMC and are still working great, definitely worth the money. :waytogo:

Harness: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=2
4-HI: http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=103

I love my LMC harnesses, I did have a problem with the HD harness though; the connector for the low beam feed that leads to the headlight was loose on the power side resulting in loss of lowbeams; but a little adjusting and a lot of electrical tape I haven't had a single issue since.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
Good info and advice.

Issue I'm having is other than painless performance I dont see any plug and play HD headlight wiring harness's with the 4 HI built in that aren't made in china.

Links?

I'll go back in the thread and find the gent that made mine.....I found him on another forum and he joined here. Made quite a few great pieces for members here. He made 2 with micro-relays for my 2 of my Harleys too.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I love my LMC harnesses, I did have a problem with the HD harness though; the connector for the low beam feed that leads to the headlight was loose on the power side resulting in loss of lowbeams; but a little adjusting and a lot of electrical tape I haven't had a single issue since.

It says that it doesn't fit trucks with DRL's.... any idea why?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, as mentioned gmachinz isn't around here anymore. Apparently he made a decent product but his business practices were less than perfect to say the least.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
It says that it doesn't fit trucks with DRL's.... any idea why?
That I don't know, the harness makes the bulb brighter, which in turn makes the DRL's brighter. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Though, I cannot confirm this as I have pulled the DRL's from both of my trucks.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That I don't know, the harness makes the bulb brighter, which in turn makes the DRL's brighter. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work. Though, I cannot confirm this as I have pulled the DRL's from both of my trucks.

I don't actually tun the DRLs as I pulled the fuse years ago. I don't think the green light works either.... not sure if that's the fuse. I still have the module.... I guess. I didn't know it existed until a month or so ago. I've never looked for it.

I can't see why it wouln't work either, but I'd hate to buy something and not have it work because I didn't heed a warning.