Spyder headlamps.....my take on 'em...and LIGHTING in general

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It says that it doesn't fit trucks with DRL's.... any idea why?

It fit mine fine, but my DRLs are disabled too, no issues and it's been a while now.
My truck has the fuse pulled so the DRL indication light comes one, but I still have the module; I think you'll be fine, and worst case Ontario you just remove the harness, no cutting or splicing of the stock one.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
It fit mine fine, but my DRLs are disabled too, no issues and it's been a while now.
My truck has the fuse pulled so the DRL indication light comes one, but I still have the module; I think you'll be fine, and worst case Ontario you just remove the harness, no cutting or splicing of the stock one.

Yeah, Ontario is terrible, I've heard :D

Parker

Reaction score
@shovelbill

Thanks for the info! But yea it appears that a few people got hosed. Too bad too. Never ceases to amaze me how businesses fail when they have such a good product. People I guess.

Thanks again.

Any other suppliers besides LMC or Painless?

Brother Al

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, damn, that's some crappy news. I was planning to use him to make a harness... guess I'll need to fabricobble something out of the stuff they sell at LMC.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score
@shovelbill

Thanks for the info! But yea it appears that a few people got hosed. Too bad too. Never ceases to amaze me how businesses fail when they have such a good product. People I guess.

Thanks again.

Any other suppliers besides LMC or Painless?

MAAAAN, brother....I have no clue. What all I did to get this guy here was enough. .....sure made me happy.

I think I'd go look into something made by Hella or even KC......I have a KC harness in my truck as we type, and no real complaints.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
It says that it doesn't fit trucks with DRL's.... any idea why?

Both my '97 & '98 have DRL's. I made my own 4-Hi kit for both of them.
Same design as the aftermarket ones, but for only a couple of bucks each.
...and about an hour each to make & install.
Both truck's DRL's work as normal.

s98gmc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both my '97 & '98 have DRL's. I made my own 4-Hi kit for both of them.
Same design as the aftermarket ones, but for only a couple of bucks each.
...and about an hour each to make & install.
Both truck's DRL's work as normal.

I didn't add 4-hi to my harness, but I did make my own to drive the headlights directly from the battery via relays. I assume the reason why LMC adds that DRLs don't work is it bypasses the DRL module. So my DRLs also work as normal, but the brightness is the same as low beams.

In case anyone is wondering, installing a relay harness is absolutely worth the effort. My truck went from feeling like I was using a flashlight to see my way at night to having something approaching a modern vehicle. That's with the same bulbs, though I did also replace the housings.

shovelbill

Oh, the horror...
Reaction score