Spprecision 350 longblock for $1800

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That head casting is just an 87-95 tbi head casting. As others have said, check the angle of the center bolt holes for the intake. That will dictate which intake to get

Jvalenz95

Reaction score
are you planning on keeping TBI? what ever intake you go with make sure it is heated. holley fuel pump? why? get a gm tpi or vortec
That head casting is just an 87-95 tbi head casting. As others have said, check the angle of the center bolt holes for the intake. That will dictate which intake to get
Well the stock intake mani from the original engine fits right on, does that help?

Jvalenz95

Reaction score
are you planning on keeping TBI? what ever intake you go with make sure it is heated. holley fuel pump? why? get a gm tpi or vortec pump.
I can swap the pump for one of those no problem. And tbi if i could, i dont care about making crazy power i just want the truck to run smooth no issues

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well the stock intake mani from the original engine fits right on, does that help?
Ok, are you planning to use it then? (Your first post in this thread is asking about an intake)
If you are retaining the tbi, I would just use the stock intake, distributer, etc

Jvalenz95

Reaction score
Ok, are you planning to use it then? (Your first post in this thread is asking about an intake)
If you are retaining the tbi, I would just use the stock intake, distributer, etc
Thats the thing, i thought it would work. But when i hit up the harris tuning guy he said that using the stock intake tbi and distributor wont work. He wouldnt help me.That my engine wont even run for 1000 miles.. so thats why im on here trying to figure out what will work for my application

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its been a long time since I’ve messed with a tbi small block, but a quick look at the specs in the link you provided to me, looks like a basic stock rebuilt with an aftermarket cam.

Did they provide a sheet with the “Advanced Dyno and Performance Testing?”

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you use the stock TBI intake, you have to use the stock intake gaskets. (Or aftermarket gaskets of similar design.)

The TBI intake gaskets have the rear cooling passage blocked-off.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But when i hit up the harris tuning guy he said that using the stock intake tbi and distributor wont work.
It sounds like the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. 193 heads are the factory TBI heads. Way Cool Jr came with 193s.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats the thing, i thought it would work. But when i hit up the harris tuning guy he said that using the stock intake tbi and distributor wont work. He wouldnt help me.
Not that I believe much of anything coming out of TBI Chips verbiage, I ran one for a while, I think he's saying you'll need more flow than a "stock" TB can handle. If you wanna rev it up to 5400 RPM (2200-5400 cam as advertised by Elgin) you'll need a bored out TB or even go to a 50mm one from a 7.4L and bore the intake to accept it. I have a 46mm TB (650 CFM advertised) with the Edelbrock 3704 intake bored to 48mm running an 18 LB spring set @20 PSI.

TCI calculator table for 350 CI up to 6000 RPM

The "stock" distributor will work fine, with tuning both fuel and spark tables. YMMV

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It sounds like the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. 193 heads are the factory TBI heads. Way Cool Jr came with 193s.
As I stated earlier he just does not want to mess with remote tuning the 230 @ 0.050 duration. Realistically it is the wrong cam for that build. Would run alot better with a 212/218 or so.