Spider injectors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wademo

Reaction score
I have a daily driver '97 Safari with the 4.3, did the MPFI spyder conversion from Rock Auto a year and a half ago when I rebuilt the engine. Had a leak down issue from almost day one, have to hold the throttle open on a hot restart, starts instantly when cold. No Check Engine light, gets 18 MPG city/highway, so I am just living with it. Too many other projects to deal with.

Uncle Ben

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
before you start, you should check to make sure your intake isn't leaking or think about doing it at the same time while you're there, imo.
under close inspection mine was just starting.

how do you check for a leaking intake manifold? Would a leaky intake manifold cause a slight coolant leak?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty much follow the perimeter of the manifold where it meets the block - see if it’s wet.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chocolate-milk-looking oil would be a bad sign.

How long have you had the truck? I’d be surprised if they haven’t been done already (and imagine that most were first done about the time the factory warranty ran out) but the choice of replacement gaskets makes a difference in longevity.

A pressure test may reveal a quicker fix.