Best Spider

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Them things are a pain. When you do get them out, get a nylon pipe cleaner and your preferred solvent (acetone, mineral spirits etc…) and clean those bores real good. It makes installation and out-stallation easier.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Them things are a pain. When you do get them out, get a nylon pipe cleaner and your preferred solvent (acetone, mineral spirits etc…) and clean those bores real good. It makes installation and out-stallation easier.
Are you supposed to depress those tabs to remove?

Skip Fix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes those are the SOBs! The tabs are tiny and way in there in a groove! I used a shop vac to suck any plastic pieces out. Tiny screw driver slowly prying until can grab with needle nose. I have some long wooden Qtip cotton tip applicators from work I use to clean it out.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes those are the SOBs! The tabs are tiny and way in there in a groove! I used a shop vac to suck any plastic pieces out. Tiny screw driver slowly prying until can grab with needle nose. I have some long wooden Qtip cotton tip applicators form work I use ot clean it out.
Curious, when you first removed the original poppet style, did you have the same issue removing them?
You must be registered for see images attach

Skip Fix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a new intake for a new motor but no the old motor the poppets came out easily. But also they are built different as the injector itself just pops on them ans also the hose on the top just pops off so you can't get a good pull on them

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you supposed to depress those tabs to remove?
I don’t think so, they are just really tight and there is a kind of groove they sit in. I used one of those needle nose pliers that has the tips bent in a circle like spark plug boot pliers to pull mine out. Gentle twisting helped walk them out.