upgraded spider injectors and 411 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banshman

Reaction score
Hey everyone, been a while since I've done anything to my Tahoe but I found some interesting things today. 1st my Tahoe is a 97 2dr with 9" of lift, 35" tires and a procharger. As you all know this truck is limited in performance due to the spider injectors and the original computer. Just today I found a company that makes 3 different levels of spider injector units (fiveO motorsport) with the highest being 62lb injectors (30,36, and 48 also available). Obviously I cant see a tuner with my stock computer but with the 411 computer I believe I can. so I have some questions:

1. Has anyone used these performance spider injectors?
2. Can I do a 411 swap with no issues to the truck as far as check engine lights, gauges malfunctioning, etc... The truck is stock as far as trans and such. Is the pinout just a 1 to 1 swap to the 411 unit?
3. If its worth it what size injectors should I get?
4. What about a cam swap?

I would love to do a 6.0 LS swap but the money just isn't there to do that, but if i can get the injectors and new computer i think I can get it tuned perfectly.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Hey everyone, been a while since I've done anything to my Tahoe but I found some interesting things today. 1st my Tahoe is a 97 2dr with 9" of lift, 35" tires and a procharger. As you all know this truck is limited in performance due to the spider injectors and the original computer. Just today I found a company that makes 3 different levels of spider injector units (fiveO motorsport) with the highest being 62lb injectors (30,36, and 48 also available). Obviously I cant see a tuner with my stock computer but with the 411 computer I believe I can. so I have some questions:

1. Has anyone used these performance spider injectors?
2. Can I do a 411 swap with no issues to the truck as far as check engine lights, gauges malfunctioning, etc... The truck is stock as far as trans and such. Is the pinout just a 1 to 1 swap to the 411 unit?
3. If its worth it what size injectors should I get?
4. What about a cam swap?

I would love to do a 6.0 LS swap but the money just isn't there to do that, but if i can get the injectors and new computer i think I can get it tuned perfectly.

Thoughts?

Thanks

As Schurkey said, there's a lot of information on that thread. But I'll answer what I can.

1. Yes. 100% worth it. I went with AUS Injection 36lb injectors at 8 PSI of boost. At the pressure our trucks use they're actually 53lb. Don't get too big of injectors if you don't need them, it just makes it harder to tune.
2. You can complete the swap without it affecting anything. You will need a pinout spreadsheet, you're gonna be removing every pin on the ECU and repinning them to the new connectors. Lextech sells really nice spreadsheet for $20, I can get you linked up with him if you PM me, he isn't active on forums anymore.
3. That depends on how much boost you're running (or want to run), what are you shooting for?
4. Swapping the cam is "easy", tuning for the cam can get tricky if you get a big one. I'd recommend learning how to tune with the truck as it is now, once you got the basics down then progress onto more advanced aspects like cams.

Bonus info: If you get bigger injectors to eliminate the Procharger fuel system you'll also need a 2 BAR MAP sensor and custom operating system. I can make you a starter tune file for free once you decide on injectors and such. To tune properly you're also going to need a wideband o2 sensor, I use AEM but plenty of companies make good ones and they mostly use the same sensors. Just make sure the one you get has a serial data output so you can log it on a computer.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
I can show you some tuning resources if you want as well. There's a lot to it but if you take one thing at a time, do your research, and stay safe you'll be in the clear.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've looked at that Jet 14005 previously.

I just now figured-out that I have three vehicles that tuner is compatible with. I should probably get off my overly-complacent asp, order the thing, and start educating myself about "tuning".

Gotta admit, computer tuning is still really-intimidating, especially when reviewers talk about how the unit isn't compatible with Windows 10, and having lots of trouble with the thing.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've looked at that Jet 14005 previously.

I just now figured-out that I have three vehicles that tuner is compatible with. I should probably get off my overly-complacent asp, order the thing, and start educating myself about "tuning".

Gotta admit, computer tuning is still really-intimidating, especially when reviewers talk about how the unit isn't compatible with Windows 10, and having lots of trouble with the thing.

Do it! With your mechanical knowledge you'll be miles ahead of many beginners (myself included). I also bought the 14005 because it was compatible with both of my trucks and two other vehicles in the family.

The software part is easy, we can walk you through getting it up and running if you have issues. In my experience the JET software runs fine on Windows 10. You just have to install/run a few pieces of it in "Compatibility Mode," set for Windows XP SP2.

Banshman

Reaction score
Wow, great info, the charger is running 7-9 lbs of boost, I really just want to be able to tune it further and get everything I can from this engine. I figured the 411 pcm would give me more options. I think i have the pinout sheet already lex gave to me a couple years ago just have not made the move yet