[SOLVED] What did GM use to push the factory glass open on the rear liftgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's good to know, I'll have to see if mines there. That'd be easy to find something to replace it with
Once y'all get the latch assembly to start working correctly, spray it from time to time with white lithium grease. This is very good maintenance for the latches and hinges,all over the truck!

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once y'all get the latch assembly to start working correctly, spray it from time to time with white lithium grease. This is very good maintenance for the latches and hinges,all over the truck!

That's a day 1 thing for me. They all got another shot the other day too when I did the door handles.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's a day 1 thing for me. They all got another shot the other day too when I did the door handles.
Yup me too. One of the things Dad taught me. We've had lots of square body trucks, never had a hood bend, because we kept the hood hinges and latches lubed.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was a big thing with the jeep XJ's I love. If you didn't keep them lubed you would eventually not be able to open the hood anymore.