Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Damn Skylark; I hate you had to quit. But sometimes when your pasture is full of **** it's time to find greener pastures. I know I have my days, mostly it's just the ones that end in "Y"

Also you're not helping my case for bed/axle swapping my 2000 K3500, @frito-bandito swapped his C3500 which got me thinking, but seeing Pearl on Alcoas and Toyos is making an itch I don't know that I should scratch.
Do it! I dare you!!!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish you a successful job hunt! I have to recommend www.usajobs.gov. The resume process downright sucks, but the jobs are (usually) good.

My wife was a project manager and drafter for a land drafting company, doing 90% of a land survey for 10% of the cost through aerial photography and legal descriptions. Major companies were flocking to them to save money. She had a handful of drafters working under her, and they were so busy they were having trouble betting work out the door on time.

A big-name mortgage and title company came to the owner, offering eight figures for his company. He sold out and signed a three-year non-compete clause. Immediately the new managers laid off a couple of the drafters to "save costs". Less work went out the door on time and their corporate customers started leaving. The managers came back and said, "the drop in sales doesn't support this many employees" and laid off two more. Now they were really hurting, so they "promoted" my wife into management, and instead of getting paid overtime she was expected to work 80 hours a week for a salary that was less than her employees were getting. I ran the numbers for her and showed her she was making less than minimum wage. She quit.

It finally got down to a single drafter trying to complete the work, and the big-name company declared the product was a failure. They folded, never having earned back their investment. Meanwhile the owner's non-compete had expired and he re-hired many of the same employees and re-opened, selling the exact same product, making bank.

The world is run by C students, and many middle-management types with MBAs are nothing more than successful schmoozers. As my cousin told me, "Cs get degrees!"

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
255/85r16 Toyo MT. I have a 94 K3500 dually without a drivetrain...
If you weren't all the way on the opposite coast I would be there with a trailer to help get your yard cleaned and your pocket lined
I'm picking up a dually but unfortunately it's just a C3500; so it's getting stripped and sent off to scrap.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm pushing hard to get Pearl back on the road but with some major changes. Short list is C3500HD chassis, converted to 4wd via axles and suspension from an 08 F450. Yes, Ford parts. This will allow include a legal VIN swap.

I'm quite certain that she won't be back on the road this summer but I'm taking steps to advace that direction as much as possible and keep motivated. One step is that I've requested a week off in August to completely repaint Pearl's crew cab with the HD firewall sectioning.

Another bit is motivation for simple things. Unfortunately we found out that we can't reuse our license plates because of the VIN swap. Every version of Black Pearl that we could think of was taken. We realized that we simply call her Pearl so after coming up with many losing ideas we hit PE4RL. From a distance you get PEARL. Her plates came in today! They will temporarily be on the HD because ultimately they are attached to that VIN.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As many of you know, I'm pushing hard to get Pearl back on the road but with some major changes. Short list is C3500HD chassis, converted to 4wd via axles and suspension from an 08 F450. Yes, Ford parts. This will allow include a legal VIN swap.

I'm quite certain that she won't be back on the road this summer but I'm taking steps to advace that direction as much as possible and keep motivated. One step is that I've requested a week off in August to completely repaint Pearl's crew cab with the HD firewall sectioning.

Another bit is motivation for simple things. Unfortunately we found out that we can't reuse our license plates because of the VIN swap. Every version of Black Pearl that we could think of was taken. We realized that we simply call her Pearl so after coming up with many losing ideas we hit PE4RL. From a distance you get PEARL. Her plates came in today! They will temporarily be on the HD because ultimately they are attached to that VIN.

You must be registered for see images attach
awesome plates..!