Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For whatever disgusting reason, maybe I hate myself? I would like to have a 6.5 truck left the F alone so it doesn't esplode. I want something dumb in the stable for the worst case scenario. Something I can take a dump in the gas tank and it still runs.
How much you willing to spend on one lol?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello guys, it has been awhile. Yep, I have some health issues but they are ok at the moment. My wife also has health issues but she is ok as well.

As of yesterday I'm currently, happily unemployed. I'd been managing a tire and auto shop and when covid hit my staff was cut in half. I kept asking to hire another mechanic and finally in February of 2021 I was allowed to look for a part time mechanic. I never found one. In February of this year I was allowed to look for a full time mechanic. I started the hiring process and then he flaked out.

After that was my review in March. I was reviewed by my bosses boss. I was told how wonderful I am, how great my reviews were and how happy my customers were but my numbers sucked. I told them once again that I needed another mechanic but that I was afraid that the customer base had shrunk due to how long it was taking to get in. I was told that my boss would be down the next week to help me and get a plan together.

I talked to him multiple times about trying to hire. Finally he said that I should look for a half counter sales and half mechanic. What do you know, I found one. When I did I was told that our numbers didn't support another person...

My boss finally showed up on Tuesday the 2nd of August because we had a problem with the roof. I get that I'm not a big fish to fry because he had problems with other locations and the owner purchased another store so that took priority as well.

I talked to him about numbers and told him that I wasn't happy and I knew that the owner couldn't be happy either. I told him what I needed was another mechanic and that we weren't going to be positive again without one but that it would take time to rebuild our customer base. He said that he would be back Thursday and he would see what he could do. Thursday came and he said that my numbers didn't support another person. No ****?

I was off on Friday the 5th because my wife had infusion at the hospital. I was sitting there with her and I decided to apply for other jobs. I called my boss and gave him my notice for Friday September 2nd. He asked if I would stay until after Labor Day because if I left that Friday, he would have to be at my shop and he was going on a camping trip with his kid. I told him that I would instead give 30 days notice on the 6th.

So why is this in my dually thread? Well because I'm not made of money but I'm looking for a job that I can do for the next 20 years that won't screw with my Parkinson's. I can be selective for awhile trying to find the right job. I have a bunch of projects to finish up but I do believe that I have everything for Pearl (our dually for those who don't know). A token picture here. I just put the wheels and tires on her on Monday.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing like management demanding growth/change but not actually willing to invest in it. Without an investment, there is no [potential] payoff. Pretty hard to stick around if all they're going to do is talk at you without listening.
Them: "We really value your input, but we're gonna do exactly the opposite"
Me: "Since you know how to do it so much better than I do, here's your opportunity to do it your damn self."

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yup, working with vendor service in Walmart and other stores, we run into this a lot! Their latest idea at work, is to have one merchandiser service every task in a given store, which is great except they don't want to actually commit to training us on these other jobs. We're on the "Walmart" team, which means we get to drive past other stores we used to service (and run a route each day that made sense and didn't run us all over town) to get to our assigned WM 's....
But it's good to hear from you; many more people were concerned about y'all, than had replied to the thread! We have a good community here, and this shows it.