Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So today has been a "rough" day so far. I woke up without the aid of an alarm clock, I adjusted the clutch on the Jeep, went to DMV, washed my truck and now I'm sitting by the river eating my lunch. I haven't been able to take a lunch in a loooong time. Mmmm, these tacos are good. Did I mention that I'm happily unemployed?

This evening we'll be going to dinner with one of my previous customers that wanted to thank me for all that I did.

Obviously not every day will be like today. In fact tomorrow I'll work out and then go work on my dad's Toyota. Probably no tacos by the river

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Them: "We really value your input, but we're gonna do exactly the opposite"
Me: "Since you know how to do it so much better than I do, here's your opportunity to do it your damn self."
I gave them 2 years of time to get me back to pre covid but you can only paddle upstream for so long.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know whether to be sad or happy. I'm sad you lost your job, but I'm happy you lost your job. Everything will work out in the end.

My job was eliminated back in 2015, personally I believe, because I was older and making more than any other manager in the area. I didn't get along with my new boss who was brought in from Spanish Fork, Utah. Anyway, I started looking for another position, after a while we looked at expenses vs income. I was 62 so, I could draw from my 401(k) and SS, we didn't need a 3000 sq ft house since the kids were all moved out (after 3 tries each, ha ha) so, we cashed out the house, moved out to the desert, I built my shop, we remodeled the house (still a WIP), and life goes on. The biggest thing was health insurance until I turned 65. With Obama Care laws, I couldn't just carry catastrophic insurance without paying penalties so, I paid the penalties. Been retired since and don't plan on going back into the labor force.

You'll do well for yourself and yours too :waytogo:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Damn Skylark; I hate you had to quit. But sometimes when your pasture is full of **** it's time to find greener pastures. I know I have my days, mostly it's just the ones that end in "Y"

Also you're not helping my case for bed/axle swapping my 2000 K3500, @frito-bandito swapped his C3500 which got me thinking, but seeing Pearl on Alcoas and Toyos is making an itch I don't know that I should scratch.