Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on this build. Are you planning to combine the "Hypothetical " build with Pearl's?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't been on here much lately and this is why.

We haven't started tearing down the HD yet but some major preparations have been made. The F450 is mostly parted out. We've made back everything that we spent shy of about $400 by parting out what we didn't need. Considering that we have $3k plus worth of parts sitting here for $400, we won't complain.

The garage was absolutely packed after I left my job as the manager of a tire and auto shop. Awesome decision! I moved a fair amount into an unused shed at my dad's house so I'm ready to get the garage turned into a "paint booth" for Pearl's cab, fenders and hood. I'll paint the HD's grill filler and possibly the grill to at a later date.

Speaking dates.... August 12-20 are the dates that I have scheduled for vacation so I can paint. All of the body work needs to be done by then. I want to paint while the weather is warm and dry so even though the chassis isn't ready I want to move forward.

I also purchased a 4x8 farcebook special trailer to use as a dolly to move Pearl's cab from our gantry crane to the garage.

We moved just about every one of our vehicles on the property in the process of stripping a 91 K3500 flatbed and the F450.

You must be registered for see images attach

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're a brave man, I wouldn't have the heart to rip apart a beautiful truck like Pearl. But with her storied history I'm sure there's some malice there that gets a kick out of it?
At least it'll be going back together bigger and better.