Skylark's dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You're a brave man, I wouldn't have the heart to rip apart a beautiful truck like Pearl. But with her storied history I'm sure there's some malice there that gets a kick out of it?
At least it'll be going back together bigger and better.
She definitely needs a repaint to be beautiful. We loved her so much that we didn't want to part with her but she didn't suit our needs. This way we get to keep her and she'll do what we needed.

Sometimes sense just doesn't make sense.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
She definitely needs a repaint to be beautiful. We loved her so much that we didn't want to part with her but she didn't suit our needs. This way we get to keep her and she'll do what we needed.

Sometimes sense just doesn't make sense.
Nah makes complete sense to me.
But that's also one of the great things about GMT400s, they're modular enough to a degree you can build a pretty capable rig, at least that's how I feel about it.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unfortunately this is as far as we're getting today. My left hand was bit by a wasp. It is quite swollen and I don't have strength or dexterity.

The good news is that the nose is off, everything is stripped from the firewall that needs to be for cab removal and the seats and carpet are pulled. I found the A/C leak.

The bad news is that "self clearancing tires" hammered the bottom of the fenders. The dash is seriously cracked. We'll most likely have to replace the carpet.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Those door panels look very familiar! Get the seats outta one of these,you can see how much real estate there is in a 400 crew cab. I'm digging your cooling setup and shade.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those door panels look very familiar! Get the seats outta one of these,you can see how much real estate there is in a 400 crew cab. I'm digging your cooling setup and shade.
It is over 100 degrees and I'm going to need the gantry crane here shortly. It should be just the under the cab stuff left before we're ready.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cheap paint somehow isn't cheap when things like this are happening. I can't find my DA. The adhesive on the sandpaper won't stick to my jeans (probably because it is 20+ years old). My "classic" long board sander went from retired to DOA. My filler and glazing putty are custom shaped bricks. It looks like my kid may have made off with my tack rags. I decided to finally step up and buy some nice flexible sanding blocks.

I've hit Amazon for over $400, Napa for $100 and I'm still looking for the DA.