Skid plates for 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twebuh

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get ahold of skid plates for 2wds? I know the 4x4 came with them but I’m trying to get something to at least cover the bottom of the radiator and things like that. Ideally I want it to go all the back and cover the oil pan. I don’t have access to a welder so I’m trying to figure out what the best way to do this is

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They were never optioned for theses era. My guess fabricate one or maybe see if you can use a 4wd and alter it for a 2wd. But the frames set up are different. So you'll have to get creative how it bolts up.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Originally designed to protect off road. Don't expect a 2wd off road. Fabrication skills will be put to the test.

twebuh

Reaction score
Originally designed to protect off road. Don't expect a 2wd off road. Fabrication skills will be put to the test.
Yeah I know it’s not really giving me much “street cred” but I wasn’t going to lower my 3/4 ton lol. So being lifted, occasionally getting in mud I just wanna protect it so I guess I’m gonna make a 4x4 plate fit

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s only 3 pieces for 4x4 and you not having a transfer case or front differential, the only one is the front shield that you might already have. I’m not sure if 2wd have those, I would guess they do. If it does and yours isn’t an aluminum one, you could swap in an aluminum part.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I did not know that you could get the 3rd plate in metal I knew that the front diff was a metal plate that the t-case is a metal plate but the 3rd I have only seen 2 of them in person and they were both plastic one was on a 92 6 lug K-2500 and the other one is the one that is on our 97 K-3500 crew cab long bed 6.5 turbo diesel

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not know that you could get the 3rd plate in metal I knew that the front diff was a metal plate that the t-case is a metal plate but the 3rd I have only seen 2 of them in person and they were both plastic one was on a 92 6 lug K-2500 and the other one is the one that is on our 97 K-3500 crew cab long bed 6.5 turbo diesel
You must be registered for see images attach