Should I paint my truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I'm not trying to get you to never paint again. Everyone starts somewhere.

I remember my first paint job. I was 11 and got a mini chopper for my bday. I sanded all the plastic fenders and tanks up and painted that sucker up all gold. Then I took a black sharpie and hand layed flames on it. I used like 80 grit sand paper and it ended up looking like complete crap. I kept going though and got better and better and better. Now I own a paint booth and paint tons of industrial equipment.

For Chrome plastic used a scotch brite and scuff it until its dull. Then like Chris said, use a filler primer. A lot of guys use an adhesive promoter also. Then spray the color.

-Sent from my twin turbo Desire using diesel fuel.-

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I hated the summit white on mine until i started color-matching everything, then i fell in love. I actually like that color yours is. Dont really know the name of it though. haha.

colorcode shows bright teal metallic, doesnt look to bright in all my pics bc i edit them

You must be registered for see images attach

sorry im picture ******* up your thread.......im done :D

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I remember my first paint job. I was 11 and got a mini chopper for my bday. I sanded all the plastic fenders and tanks up and painted that sucker up all gold. Then I took a black sharpie and hand layed flames on it. I used like 80 grit sand paper and it ended up looking like complete crap. I kept going though and got better and better and better. Now I own a paint booth and paint tons of industrial equipment.

For Chrome plastic used a scotch brite and scuff it until its dull. Then like Chris said, use a filler primer. A lot of guys use an adhesive promoter also. Then spray the color.

THIS^^^i as well had ty first experience painting but practice makes perfect

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score

That sounds so awesome. I had a friend spray paint a bicycle gold. and I recall my first paint job. I sprayed the mirror housing on this truck with rustoleum stainless steel colored paint. Didnt mask up anything, got overspray all over the windows, still there to this day. lol. But thanks for tips man. I appologize for coming off as an a$$ earlier.

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
colorcode shows bright teal metallic, doesnt look to bright in all my pics bc i edit them

sorry im picture ******* up your thread.......im done :D

Hahaha nah man it's straight! I love the color. Your truck is so spotless, do you recall it ever being repainted if you bought it used?? Its so clean. Mine has scratches All over it and i take care of my paint the best i can.

*Btw: the clear lenses look SICKK with the factory wheels.. just my .02

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
tbh i dont think it was ever repainted i love the truck to death! i believe im the 2nd owner first owner was my neighbor bck when i lived in edmond/oklahoma city area, truck was always garaged and never abused barely driven, like u saw in the pic carpet was in the bed lol to me that makes me think my neighbor didnt abuse the truck, theres a few dings on it and a few blemishes i wish were gone but hey for a 17 almost 18 year old truck what can i really ask for?

thanks for the compliments i so badly want a lift and motor swap, just not sure which will come first..........

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
tbh i dont think it was ever repainted i love the truck to death! i believe im the 2nd owner first owner was my neighbor bck when i lived in edmond/oklahoma city area, truck was always garaged and never abused barely driven, like u saw in the pic carpet was in the bed lol to me that makes me think my neighbor didnt abuse the truck, theres a few dings on it and a few blemishes i wish were gone but hey for a 17 almost 18 year old truck what can i really ask for?

thanks for the compliments i so badly want a lift and motor swap, just not sure which will come first..........

Thats somewhat how my truck was. My dad put around 100,000 miles on it in a spand of 18 years. He never drove it. He would park it in the driveway and drive it once a month to take off trash. But that's where were different, because my dad abused the hell out of my truck. Haha. He hit a fence, rear ended a ford ranger, messed up on attaching the boat to the rear hitch, all the works. Lmao.

But i totally agree with you on the last sentence. I definitly want to get a lift and do a motor swap as well. I've been debating a LS1 swap, or possibly a Hemi swap. Something with a lot of horsepower and torque. But all that takes money, which i currently dont have :/

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thats somewhat how my truck was. My dad put around 100,000 miles on it in a spand of 18 years. He never drove it. He would park it in the driveway and drive it once a month to take off trash. But that's where were different, because my dad abused the hell out of my truck. Haha. He hit a fence, rear ended a ford ranger, messed up on attaching the boat to the rear hitch, all the works. Lmao.

But i totally agree with you on the last sentence. I definitly want to get a lift and do a motor swap as well. I've been debating a LS1 swap, or possibly a Hemi swap. Something with a lot of horsepower and torque. But all that takes money, which i currently dont have :/

Imo dont do a dif make motor (mopar hemi) ive been tossing up the idea of a ls swap (5.3 or 6.0) and finally decided if i could find a resonably priced 6.0 motor with all the accessories(computer, wiring harness, ac compressor,starter, alternator,etc) id try to snag it up, even if i could just find a 6.0 block id build it up and make it what i want, and hopefully supercharge it and get a 4l80e trans with shift kit. I want to hopefully find one and start building it and have it done before my 5.7 craps out then i can just do the swap

ShadowRejects

Reaction score
Imo dont do a dif make motor (mopar hemi) ive been tossing up the idea of a ls swap (5.3 or 6.0) and finally decided if i could find a resonably priced 6.0 motor with all the accessories(computer, wiring harness, ac compressor,starter, alternator,etc) id try to snag it up, even if i could just find a 6.0 block id build it up and make it what i want, and hopefully supercharge it and get a 4l80e trans with shift kit. I want to hopefully find one and start building it and have it done before my 5.7 craps out then i can just do the swap

i see what you mean. Either im going to swap it out or just rebuild my current one. I might rebuild it with new heads, valve covers, new tbi, and all that stuff. Save me a little money, and YESS definitely a trans swap...