Shocks on a Budget

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubnOneOut

Reaction score
Looking to buy shocks as I just put a trailer hitch setup on my 97 Obs Chevy C1500 Silverado 2wd 5.7 V8. I know I see everyone going for the Bilstein shocks, but I just can't see paying 85 -100 for 1 shock. Is there anything Else Close that can give a good ride on the road and when/if I pull?
All Recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for reading

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Monroe is good. Basically and new shock will be better than an old one.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I put monroe on the rear of my honda pilot and the old shocks were better, maybe mine were defective, they do have good reviews on amazon

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looking to buy shocks as I just put a trailer hitch setup on my 97 Obs Chevy C1500 Silverado 2wd 5.7 V8. I know I see everyone going for the Bilstein shocks, but I just can't see paying 85 -100 for 1 shock. Is there anything Else Close that can give a good ride on the road and when/if I pull?
All Recommendations are welcome.

Thank you for reading
If you are towing?
Bite the bullet and spend the money.
A few years ago I put the cheap monroe shocks on my truck and then used it to haul a car trailer with a 70 camaro on it over the mountains in Washington.
The front shocks failed before I even got where I was going.
Towing that thing back over the braille highways in washington killed the rear shocks.
We pogo sticked our way over the pass.
My wifes eyes were fluttering like she had a warrent and was trying to spot the cops through the window blinds.
Spend the money. Buy the best you can afford.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've always liked Rancho shocks, got a pair in the front of my rig and they do nicely. They come in a bit cheaper than Bilsteins, but shocks and fuel injectors are in the 'don't cheap out' category so take that for what you will.