Shipping stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've shipped bikes with U-Ship,never had a problem and the fee was fair. On the last bike I shipped a couple showed up in a big motorhome pulling about a 30' trailer. They had 7 other bikes in there they were delivering.
Never used them personally, but know quite a few that have used them on bikes , auto's, shop equipment etc. I have got quotes for them shipping project cars but the deals fell through. Some will only take stuff that runs and some it doesn't matter, need to be clear in the details.

Sounds like their financing their world tour through U-ship. Most U-shippers seem to grab stuff in close proximity to where they're already headed. Mo'money. One of my buddies has a similar story shipping a Dodge Dart from Cali, to just short of east coast Md. Rv'ers.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the doors are interchangable. GMPartsGiant lists drivers door PN 12387769 and Passenger door as PN 12387770. from 1988 to 1998. comes with out hinges. Discontinued.
Not sure what Gm's process was for welding hinges but not all were the same
I could’ve sworn it was @someotherguy who mentioned earlier doors not fitting well in later years.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the doors are interchangable. GMPartsGiant lists drivers door PN 12387769 and Passenger door as PN 12387770. from 1988 to 1998. comes with out hinges. Discontinued.

I could’ve sworn it was @someotherguy who mentioned earlier doors not fitting well in later years.

Any time you pull body parts from one truck to put on another it's possible you can have fitment issues. The welded hinges on GMT400 doors make this even more likely. Generally speaking, I've found that the closer you stick to your year model, the better chance you have of the doors fitting correctly without a lot of hassle. It's no guarantee, just hedging your bets. Stamping dies get wear so the product varies slightly over the years.

I've had a few projects where we just had to get doors off a different donor because the first ones we tried wouldn't fit no matter how crazy we went trying to force them to work. The biggest issues we had always seemed to follow large gaps in production year.

Richard

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any time you pull body parts from one truck to put on another it's possible you can have fitment issues. The welded hinges on GMT400 doors make this even more likely. Generally speaking, I've found that the closer you stick to your year model, the better chance you have of the doors fitting correctly without a lot of hassle. It's no guarantee, just hedging your bets. Stamping dies get wear so the product varies slightly over the years.

I've had a few projects where we just had to get doors off a different donor because the first ones we tried wouldn't fit no matter how crazy we went trying to force them to work. The biggest issues we had always seemed to follow large gaps in production year.

Richard
^^^^This, dude knows what he's talking about, same thing I've encountered doing crash jobs. IDK, some guys bolt on later door pad to early frame, probably used later inner panels and don't know that later inner panels direct fit with no issues.

Ando069

Reaction score
Got them and they were local enough! Both fenders and doors... zero rust and get this all power with the electricals all in tact including the door to cowl rubber boot and speakers and they seem brand new... guy said they were sitting in a dry shed and he appoligized for the dust :). oh yeah they are the paint coded...

Now the fun part.. making my 88 mint door panels work with all the electricals.. the new doors are from a 98 tahoe..

Ando069

Reaction score
^^^^This, dude knows what he's talking about, same thing I've encountered doing crash jobs. IDK, some guys bolt on later door pad to early frame, probably used later inner panels and don't know that later inner panels direct fit with no issues.
Yeah im hoping i get lucky or just need a little messaging.. appreciate the info for sure.. but i just hate repops... i used some on my chevelle And they needed almost as much as the panels i took off the car...

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also shiply-I'm not sure if they still operate, but it's like an bid own website where haulers propose the price for shipping stuff and one with lowerest bid wins-or one of your choosing.