Shipping stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ando069

Reaction score
Hey I'm debating getting some original fenders and doors from a yard in texas CHEAP... but shipping is crazy...

I thought quick.. what if a fella paid someone in the area to get/box and ship for me? Has anyone done that on this site?
Two doors and a fender are in fortworth texas.. im in NJ...

Seems like alot ask but the rust free states are so far away from my rusty state...

Ando069

Reaction score
Yeah sucks probably gonna just gonna uze the crappy repops... sucks cause these originals are actually cheaper than the repops... just cost so much to get them to me...

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you can find someone local to ship, you can also look at using Greyhound Bus... have them put it in cargo and then meet the bus to retrieve. I've seen this done on large items by members of other forums. Doors are heavy as hell though unless its just the shells

Ando069

Reaction score
I found another doner closer with really nice paint coade matched fender and door... real quick i think it does but will the doors on 97 burb fit the 88?..

Another question would be can i use the door panels or am i looking at a swap on the panels?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
U-Ship? Some of these hot-shotters like to pick up grab and go stuff to fill a load.

Throw this out as well, Not sure what Gm's process was for welding hinges but not all were the same, often doors from one don't just drop on another without moving the hinges.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I found another doner closer with really nice paint coade matched fender and door... real quick i think it does but will the doors on 97 burb fit the 88?..

Another question would be can i use the door panels or am i looking at a swap on the panels?
Yes the doors are interchangable. GMPartsGiant lists drivers door PN 12387769 and Passenger door as PN 12387770. from 1988 to 1998. comes with out hinges. Discontinued.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
U-Ship? Some of these hot-shotters like to pick up grab and go stuff to fill a load.

Throw this out as well, Not sure what Gm's process was for welding hinges but not all were the same, often doors from one don't just drop on another without moving the hinges.
I've shipped bikes with U-Ship,never had a problem and the fee was fair. On the last bike I shipped a couple showed up in a big motorhome pulling about a 30' trailer. They had 7 other bikes in there they were delivering.