School me a bit on the Tahoes audio setup.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally swapped my radio over from the blazer. Issue I'm having (WAS ALSO WITH FACTORY RADIO) is no sound from the rear doors (4dr).

Front works, rear cargo speakers work. I'm reading conflicting info on whether the amp controls just the doors or both the doors and the cargo speakers.

Is there a fuse for this thing somewhere? I looked and didn't see anything that stood out. I suppose it could be dead or a channel dead on it as well.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The factory amp in the Tahoes/Suburbans only runs the rear passenger door speakers. The 4x10s in the rear roof and the front door speakers run off of the main radio.

If you had installed an aftermarket radio and this issue popped up, I'd be willing to bet that you didn't hook up the turn-on wire for the factory amp in the harness. However since you say you also had this issue with the factory radio, my guess would be either a wiring issue or the factory amp itself is faulty.

sync

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some where there were no speakers in the doors…

There is definitely speakers in the doors. I checked.

The factory amp in the Tahoes/Suburbans only runs the rear passenger door speakers. The 4x10s in the rear roof and the front door speakers run off of the main radio.

If you had installed an aftermarket radio and this issue popped up, I'd be willing to bet that you didn't hook up the turn-on wire for the factory amp in the harness. However since you say you also had this issue with the factory radio, my guess would be either a wiring issue or the factory amp itself is faulty.

I'll have to pull the radio back out and double check the harness and make sure the amp power on wire is hooked up but, I'm leaning towards a dead amp.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yeah when you adjust your fade left should be front door speakers and right would do only back doors and back roof speakers. Idk gmt400 l’s had amps besides Denalis and Escalades if so I just learned something new! Have you tried hooking up a different speaker to each rear door? Since they pretty easy to get as far as checking speakers are toasted? Before you go to crazy running new wires but hopefully it’s a simple fix!