Rockers and Hub done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good, I think the will look better when the chrome vent visors are gone, or you get tinted ones. It flowed nicely with the chrome rockers, but with them black the vent visors are a distraction. I need to do this to my truck as I have quite a few chips and one section of the bed under the molding is beat to crap for some reason?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After i masked my line i sanded it down with a DA and 80 grit, wiped clean with gun wash, finish masking and then let R buck! (no clear)

One of those stores should have it or something like it!

WORSE COMES TO WORSE.... YOU ORDER IT!!!

Yea I just don't wanna wait. I wanna be able to jump up saturday go pick it up and get after it and now wait ANOTHER week...I'm just impatient though. That's why I hate LED's. Always have to order.

The guys on GMFS say you can spray whatever right over the plasti dip no problem so I'm thinking about just spraying it as is but I dunno....I know it looks nice and black now but I wonder if it'll fade to grey over time or if there's anything you can do to bring back the black. Tire shine would probably work well.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im not sure if it will fade or whatever, but my plan is to have the entire truck painted come spring. Thats why i prepped it with 80 grit and made my line so shallow, to make sure when it cured that i wont have to worry about it flaking off all i have to do is give it a good scuff with some scotchbrite. If i was you i would peel the plasti-dip off and prep it so the new rocker guard will last and if you end up painting your truck you can always paint over it with ease.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I meant to ask, so the rocker guard can easily come off when I do get the entire truck painted?

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
NO... I will be painting over the rockerguard product when truck gets painted. If you want to peel it off then stay with the plasti-dip stuff, i hear it feels with ease.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's why I was thinking about spraying it over the plasti dip so I could peel it all off if I didn't like it down the road, but then again if I put rocker guard over it I don't think I would be able to just peel it off. The plasti dip is strong and stays good until your grab a little edge of it and start peeling but I would spray right over it so I dunno if I'd be able to peel at all if I did...I dunno :hmm:

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I dont think it will affect the bond between plasti and paint... but im not a professional.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I'm not saying it wouldn't bond and go onto the plasti dip, but I'm saying if I taped it off the same lines as my plasti dip and sprayed over it how would I ever be able to physically get to the plasti dip to peel it ALL off afterwards? I would be spraying right over it I wouldn't want to leave any plasti dip un-sprayed with rocker guard that would just look terrible.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
James what brand did you get for your hubs? and were replacing your hubs a pita?

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
James what brand did you get for your hubs? and were replacing your hubs a pita?

To be honest i cant remember what brand they were, but yes a PITA indeed... almost as if they have never been done in fact. Ended up having to replace the three bolts that hold the hub on, they were seized pretty dam good.